Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

McDonald’s Worker Arrested After Confronting...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I want every mcdonalds to burn to the ground so I might be biased

that nasty arse rat poison shouldn't even be categorized as food

<font #6600ff""="" color="">yes i think they put crack in those mango pineapple smoothies...cause i cant stop drinking them.CryCry

they put crack in everything

taste good tho.

Sponsored Links

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

I feel bad but no one is forcing them to work at McDonalds. If the minimum wage goes to 15 bucks an hour what happens to the people who make that now? If that is the case we never should encourage people to graduate from high school. Why when you will make the same as someone working at McDonalds. This is when the Republican in me comes out. You have to have some consequences for the choices YOU made with your life. If she was working there since she was 16 even McDonalds has scholarship opportunities for their employees. I need to know what other ways she is trying to improve herself besides protesting. They could have just put her out instead of arresting her and cutting her hours though. That was going too far. Maybe McDonalds can make more of an effort to help employees with the tools they need to move beyond their current circumstances. They do have the money to do that much at least. I don't eat there much as it is so if they raise their prices too much more I never will eat there soo........Raising minimum wage to $15.00 will make a cheeseburger $3.50. No maam.

THIS. Plus with the economy and inflation rate, we'd have to keep raising it so people can "survive". So then would the income concern only be applied to minimum wage workers? 

When it finally has to be raised from the proposed $15 to $20, what happens to those who spent thousands of dollars to earn their skills? What's the incentive for getting some form of education to improve your career outlook if you could have been a high school drop-out AND be making $15-$20 I don't think the whole income issue should end at minimum wage. \

The whole system needs reevaluation. There should be laws regulating the incomes of CEO vs the employee salaries. Take the Twinkie incident for example. It should be against the law for CEOs to have multiple bonuses while their employees are in danger of having NO income. It's irrational. How can your business be "folding up" while you'e receiving millions of dollars of bonuses and laying off workers? Then turn around and GET PAID millions more for being "rescued" by the gov.t or whomever bought them out? If the gov't can "calculate" how much "ought" to be able to live off of, then they should also be able to "have an idea" on how much wealth is just damn unnecessary. I.E. They should be able to make regulations to some extent (for lack of better wording) "maximum wage" in the case of underpaid workers. For certain type of businesses, there ought to be a "minimum wage" in some relation to how much the CEOs are making. A CEO making millions a year can afford to make at least a million less for the workers to make a LITTLE more to feed their family.  
The government as a whole is the problem. Them, and lobbyists. In the end, it all boils down to their greed. Many people don't know much about other employment sectors where it is impossible to pay workers more. For instance, I have experience in a healthcare business which has to bill the govt. (Medicaid/Care), and other insurances. On a regular basis, the reimbursement rate goes down. Sometimes they outright won't pay for services rendered. And these businesses find themselves under water and have angry workers wondering why they can't get raises. For nurses for instance, they are forced to have a certain income range because insurance companies who reimburse for services at certain rates ultimately control the top-down income ("top" excluding CEOs, etc.). Most of the world's problems stems from human GREED.

There y'all go. LOL
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:43pm
I didn't say they should be satisfied. ...

But minimum wage os based off what the minimum requirements are to live.

I'm saying maybe we would have more teachers and soical workers if they weren't starting at around 20k
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i think almost everyone is doing ANY job simply for the money.

except for us who foolishly chose the education field and social services.
*High fives fellow fool wonderland*LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I'm saying maybe we would have more teachers and soical workers if they weren't starting at around 20k

For sure, they'd go into minimun wage jobs:

15 x 40 x 4 x 12 = $28,000 I'd flip burgers too. Wouldn't have to pay for college or work clothes. LOL
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:49pm

Edited by jonesable - Oct 10 2013 at 10:49pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:50pm

15 x 40 x 4 x 12 = $28,000 I'd flip burgers too. Wouldn't have to pay for college or work clothes. LOL

No they wouldn't,
Part of deciding on a job is about the benefits of that job.
Things like getting off at a certain time, prestige, vacation time, power, things like that.

Most people don't want to work on Christmas and the doctors who have too still have that prestige and power in tact.
Plus we like to think of our jobs as prestigious and important those things would still be intact .
Y'all reaching

Edited by jonesable - Oct 10 2013 at 10:53pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:53pm

You can't say for sure what anyone would do. And with that latter statement, you're projecting.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

You can't say for sure what anyone would do. And with that latter statement, you're projecting.

I'm being sarcastic. Calm down. Evidently I'm following the same presumptive tone as the person I quoted. Y'all both reaching. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

No they wouldn't,
Part of deciding on a job is about the benefits of that job.
Things like getting off at a certain time, prestige, vacation time, power, things like that.

Most people don't want to work on Christmas and the doctors who have too still have that prestige and power in tact.
Plus we like to think of our jobs as prestigious and important those things would still be intact .
Y'all reaching

See above. Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair