Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
HotmamaEsq. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: May have to say goodbye
    Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 10:01pm
So I live in GA and it has started to get hot!!!! and unfortunatly for me my app has started to not stick anymore at all.  I use to could be a week hold with just blueliner tape!

Now I have went through my perma rite plus #1, TDI supergrip, vapon no tape, supertape low profile and proflex tape. I sweat at night and my wig cap keeps sliding and the glue keeps breaking down.

I have taken over an hour to apply very thin layers and it is gummy and slipping by the next day.  I tried LWhite's suggestion on deoderant and then apply and once again is gummed up and slid off!.

Right now I have on a bandage wrap that is bobby pinned to my hair and  I have tried to pin my unit with mini pins and prayer to the bandage!  If this does not work out I will have to get some braids this weekend because I can not be looking a mess!

Any one else cant wear LF in the summer?
Sponsored Links

mariabella View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 10:08pm
i dunno, i just starting having some difficulty. .i sweat at night too; when the light hits my window in the morning i apparently pull the cover up over my eyes while I'm sleepin.  But  I think the reason is not all the adhesive/tape, I had to cut the lace back some over time since the only one I have, I've had for about 5 months and no stretch so now it's getting way too tight around my head and it keeps lifting and moving.  I'm assuming this isn't the problem for you though. ..  
hope you can find something that works, I'm curious about how the summer will affect hold time too, I never wore one in the summer before . .
tamidoss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 10:08pm
WOW THIS IS THE BEST LACE FRONT UP DO I HAVE EVER SEEN. I wish you had a shop
illana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 10:24pm
^^^^^^ConfusedWackoWackoConfused??? Do you mean hotmamsesq's avi?  You got me lost.

Anyhoo, I sweat like a runaway slave, and I mean where it drips down my back.  I just take my lf off every 4-5 days in the winter, and I can't say what I will do in the Summer.

I only use blueliner too, and I used to use ORWG and stoped using it.  I might use the blueliner and ORWG for the summer months.  Some of the ladies use deodorant to help with the sweat, and I think that works for some of the ladies.

I think yoiu put some on before you apply the adhesives, and it helps with the sweat. I hope someone comes in and clarifies.

Edited by illana - Apr 05 2010 at 1:22pm
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 10:35pm
I hear ya on the Heat, it going to be 80 on Wednesday, I am too concern about my app  holding for the summer, I just started laying down the nape with a 5 day hold,, I might have to turn on the A/C earlier so that i dont sweat out my app..Right now  i sleep with a fan on, facing me...I love being out in summer, beaches hanging with kids on the weekends, but i know i will have to re apply my app more than i should during the summer months,, but i think i can handle it... never tried the deodorant but maybe i will.......Smile
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2010 at 11:26pm
Now I live in New England so the weather is not a big deal when it comes to heat for more than maybe 9 days a year.  And I have not tried this with a unit, so I am not sure, just thinking.  When I lived in So. FL and did TV, the makeup people would first dab my face with Milk of Magnesia before applying makeup.  Something about stopping you from sweating out the make up foundation.  You might want to give this a little test.  Mof Magnesia on a cotton ball dabbed lightly on the adhesive line, and thinly.  Then skin protector when it dries.

If you decide to try this, let us know if it works.  Its the magnesium.
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2010 at 12:49am
[QUOTE=Celie]Now I live in New England so the weather is not a big deal when it comes to heat for more than maybe 9 days a year.  And I have not tried this with a unit, so I am not sure, just thinking.  When I lived in So. FL and did TV, the makeup people would first dab my face with Milk of Magnesia before applying makeup.  Something about stopping you from sweating out the make up foundation.  You might want to give this a little test.  Mof Magnesia on a cotton ball dabbed lightly on the adhesive line, and thinly.  Then skin protector when it dries.

[/QUOTE] See Celie you are just a weatlh of knowledge Clap
I live Nashville and LongBeach and both places get hot to me but the humidity in Nashville it a beach so last year I did ok but I drive in ac live in AC and if their isnt ac were I am going I aint going 

Edited by SistaHollywood - Apr 05 2010 at 12:50am
JamaicanBeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2010 at 3:15am
I live in nc. Dav black and supertape does the trick for me. 7 days in the winter w/o working out. 4 working out in the winter as well as summer days. Now for me with this method the wig is still secure when removing . But when it doesn't look good is when its got to come off.
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2010 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

Now I live in New England so the weather is not a big deal when it comes to heat for more than maybe 9 days a year.  And I have not tried this with a unit, so I am not sure, just thinking.  When I lived in So. FL and did TV, the makeup people would first dab my face with Milk of Magnesia before applying makeup.  Something about stopping you from sweating out the make up foundation.  You might want to give this a little test.  Mof Magnesia on a cotton ball dabbed lightly on the adhesive line, and thinly.  Then skin protector when it dries.

When I used to live in Florida, I had also to use milk of magnesia before applying my primer and my make- up.  No shiny-sweaty face for sure but moving to NYC it felt a bit drying on my skin. Milk of magnesia is truly great. 
Brown Suga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2010 at 6:23am
In the summer I take off weekly (I do 2 weeks in the winter). I use 1 layer of perma rite 1+ and WNS. If you're doing multiple layers - you might be using too much even if it's thin. Blue liner will break down in the heat
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic