Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Matte Vs Satin Vs Dewy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matte Vs Satin Vs Dewy
    Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:56am
Which foundation finish do you prefer? Why? Does age or skin type affect your decision? Does the season or climate?
Okay, So i'm currently in the process of choosing a new foundation. I was using MAC Matchmaster in 7.5 over the summer because of its matte finish, the SPF and the medium buildadble coverage. I dont like it anymore. I think I dont like the matte look and I dont really need alot of coverage as my skin tone is pretty even and I have very few blemishes..I'm nervous about dewy because I dont want to look greasy or shiny per se, so I think I want a satin finish which as i understand is not too dewy and not too matte. I heard about Lancome Tient Idole, but idk how many shades they have for "coloreds" *giggles at that term*. What ya'll use?

Matte Finish

Satin Finish

Dewy Finish

I just love how they put these colors together and her skin is FLAWLESS

INPUT IS WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE
Sponsored Links

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 12:01pm
I prefer satin/dewy skin. I like my skin to look like it's breathing..lol

My skin is normal/combo and I stick to sheer liquid foundations. My favorite foundation is Prescreptive Virtual Skin then Lancome.
gabi03 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote gabi03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 6:22pm
I stick with dewy and satin if I want more of a chic look. My skin is dry so matte foundations are a no go. NARS sheer glow and Armani are my go to foundations. 
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:30pm
@Rumbera..I can dig it! The matte does tend to look "stale"..at least on me in the winter..smh Have you tried any tinted moisturizers or BB creams?
@gabi..Is the Armani a liquid also?

Have any of you ladies used a powder for the satin/dewy look? What tools do you use for application? I am faithful to my ELF Studio Powder brush for stippling but I think a moistened sponge applicator (BeautyBlender) might be a better choice..
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:01pm
You can use powder to get a nice satiny finish, just make sure that is finely milled. The Black Opal loose powder gives me a nice satin finish not cakey at all. I make sure the spritz my face with some type of water based mist.

For powder application, I use a flat top buffing brush like ;

For liquid and cream applications, I always use a beauty blender type sponge.

Edited by Rumbera - Nov 28 2012 at 5:02pm
Sunny58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunny58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:21pm
I like satin/dewy finishes. Really dislike the matte look but my skin is oily. I wear some matte products that look dewy by the end of the day.

Edited by Sunny58 - Nov 29 2012 at 11:02am
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 5:31pm
satin/ dewy is my fave.. i never understood the allure of the super matte, i just dipped my face in powder look. i think the really matte foundations are more suitable for sisters with really oily skin
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 5:39pm
I like a matte finish for my forehead and chin.  Satin everywhere else.
natalie2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote natalie2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 8:34pm
Satin finish.I think it's harder to pull a matte finish off if you're over 30.You just look dry and dead.
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:19am
Could I convince any of ya'll to post pics of the various looks mentioned and maybe product description?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic