Matchmaking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:06am
I would be a little salty, but I am a matchmaker. When I set people up, I expect them to get married. I wouldn't be mad at my friend, I'd just be disappointed. I usually picture the wedding of the people I am matching in my head before their first date.
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:49am
I dont really have male friends so it's impossible for me to have hooked anyone up. 
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:59am
 I tried hooking my neice up with a decent guy a few weeks back she shut it down and finally came out the closet to me *sigh* and the next day brought her "girl" to meet meErmm so my matchmaking days are over.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:32am
I matched up two people and they are both engaged.

So, yea, I'd be a little mad because I think I have great taste...for other people.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:09pm
I wouldn't be annoyed - but this is definitely the reason I don't do matchmaking haha. I've tried to hook friends up before and it never fails that one person likes the other more than it's reciprocated. And then I'm stuck having someone asking me why the other person isn't calling them.

THAT is annoying...so I don't play Yente.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

^^right. I don't see any reason to be upset. BUT, what about when you match 2 people and they date for a while or even marry; then break up? That puts you in the middle sometimes. So I could see that being upsetting.

sometimes it can be better   if your matches don't work . lol

Well my friend is annoyed that she hooked up a friend of hers and the girl wasn't interested in the guy because he turned out to be a few months younger.  I think that's reasonable since most women prefer to date someone a couple to a few years older.  My friend says that as much as the girl complains about being single and lonely, she should have at least given the dude a chance.  Meh.

A few months younger seems a bit unnecessary to brush a guy off! I don't date younger men, but my fiance is 2 months younger than me. Hardly seems like a reason to reject someone.
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I don't hook people up. One of the people always wants to look at you crazy when things don't work out.

Now, if a friend is interested in another friend, I'll introduce at the most but the rest is on them.
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:29pm
i play matchmaker all the time 
only one has worked out LOL

i dont get upset i just move on to the next matchmake 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:42pm
speaking of matchmaking, I read that the woman who was killed by the football player (Jovan Belcher) met him thru her cousin who was also married to a player. I wonder if that was a 'matchmaking' situation.

I was saying it can be uncomfy when matches don't work, but that's nothing compared to this (one person killing the other) . I don't know how I would deal with that, I'd feel so guilty.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic