BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Massive damage after Wave Nouveau and Color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Madeahair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madeahair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Massive damage after Wave Nouveau and Color
    Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 6:47pm
Hello,
I'm glad I found this forum and hope that I will get some advice here as I'm devastated.

Two weeks ago I decided to do the switcheroo from relaxer to curl. Big mistake. I have at least 70% of my hair gone and many big bald patchesCryCry 

I had not done a relaxer for at least five months and had a weave in. I removed the weave one month before getting the Wave Nouveau done on April 8th and asked the stylist to be sure it was okay. She applied the product and since I have lots of grays she did the usual color assuring me that it was a rinse and therefore safe. I did notice during the process that I was feeling some amount of heat and burning towards the end but usually I'm sensistive so I thought the usual. that is after she had put me under a hair dryer with the neutralizer. Big mistake again. I thought it strange even though it's 20 years since I wore Wave Nouveau with much success. She then did the color and again under the dryer. It was Ashtae Maroon.

To cut a long story short I had itching and breaking the next day. My hair just would not stop coming out and it felt like I had a film or something like that on my scalp. I have since had a protein treatment by her and today had to go back to her and then to the doctor. I have chemical burn and will need a dermatologist and possibly steroid shots to regrow my hair!

Has anyone experienced anything close to this. Any advice, suggestions? What do you think went wrong? I know my hair is severely damaged because it's dry, brittle, and like paper. Yet she was insisting that it wasn't. Sad, because she's my stylist for years and now my friend too.CryCryCry
Sponsored Links

prettypeal09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettypeal09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 1:25am

Hug Oh wow I'm sorry to hear about that.  The breakage and shedding is probably caused from all of the treatments that were going on.  It sounds like she applied the curl product to parts of the hair that were already relaxed.  Then the color on top of that just ended up making it worse.

No offense, but I think that you should go to another stylist because I don't think that no one's hair could handle those chemicals in such a short period of time.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:41am
Was that color permanent? How long did you have your weave? 
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 8:53am
The stylist should have never applied wave nouveau to your relaxed hair. The chemical used in wave nouveau is entirely different than a relaxer which cause your hair to fall out. When my mom want to start relaxing her hair, the stylist told her that she would need to cut off all the wave nouveau and start fresh with natural hair. Also applying color would make your hair triple processed which would cause major breakage. I suggest not returning back to that stylist b/c obviously she doesn't know about chemical treatments. I do wish you sucess in trying to stop the massive breakage.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 9:01am
According to what ive just read you stylist should have never applied the wave nouvea:

"Wave Nouveau is a THIO straightener, much like a perm solution but in a thicker form. It is mainly used to reduse or rearange or remove frizz from the curl.
Thio straightener (Wave Nouveau) cannot be applyed over hair that have a hydroxide relaxer (QP), nor can you put a relaxer over hair that have a thio straightener -if you do, the hair will melt. The two products not compatible ( if you mix them together you will create Nair hair remover)."

http://www.behindthechair.com/forum/displaythread.aspx?DID=7789

you might want to consult a lawyer.  best of luck to you.

27chanela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27chanela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 10:18pm
Same thing happened to me. Got a relaxer and a "rinse" done to my hair. A few days later it broke off and shed like crazy. My hair was caming out handfulls at a time.Cry  I became fed up and shaved my head and grew my hair back from scatch. I texturized it about two months ago and it doing really well.Smile Maybe you should see a different stylist instead of doing the extreme like I did.

Good Luck!
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2011 at 7:29am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

The stylist should have never applied wave nouveau to your relaxed hair. The chemical used in wave nouveau is entirely different than a relaxer which cause your hair to fall out. When my mom want to start relaxing her hair, the stylist told her that she would need to cut off all the wave nouveau and start fresh with natural hair. Also applying color would make your hair triple processed which would cause major breakage. I suggest not returning back to that stylist b/c obviously she doesn't know about chemical treatments. I do wish you sucess in trying to stop the massive breakage.

This is beauty school 101. You have the right to sue this chick. 
vkb247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkb247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

+ the chemical burns on your scalp mean she left the product in too long and/or doesn't know what in the world she was doing.   
lilbit65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilbit65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 7:10pm
Was this your regular stylist?

something like this happened to me, The "student stylist" put the color in my hair,
oh my god, it burned like heck. I ended up in the emergency room, with severe burns to my
forehead and scalp. got the Emergency room report, found and lawyer, SUED and WON.

Good luck
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

According to what ive just read you stylist should have never applied the wave nouvea:

"Wave Nouveau is a THIO straightener, much like a perm solution but in a thicker form. It is mainly used to reduse or rearange or remove frizz from the curl.
Thio straightener (Wave Nouveau) cannot be applyed over hair that have a hydroxide relaxer (QP), nor can you put a relaxer over hair that have a thio straightener -if you do, the hair will melt. The two products not compatible ( if you mix them together you will create Nair hair remover)."

http://www.behindthechair.com/forum/displaythread.aspx?DID=7789

you might want to consult a lawyer.  best of luck to you.

my sentiments exactly . friendship aside , chemical burns? Doctor visits? possible steroid shots ? Additional treatments? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic