Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Massive China City in New York State?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 7:31am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

I am in Houston. There are lots of small shops around that area. The banks etc are Asian and not so much the mainstream American ones. I want to learn Korean, Japanese and Chinese. I have been told that Korean would be good to start with as I have had some Spanish.

If I were you, I'd start with Japanese first and then move on to Korean.
See that is what I thought too. A friend that is Japanese said it was due to the Korean alphabet being a bit easier to learn. I have downloaded apps for my Kindle to start. 
Sponsored Links

yellalady08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 7:51am
While their cohesiveness is astonishing, I can see the threat that some see as well. China owns a great portion of American debt. People have argued that if they decided to call that debt, then that would be catastrophic to the American economy. Them buying up so much land may be seen as the set up for a takeover.

If so many feel that China "HATES" us why would they seek to help us? Not only by lending us money, but by opening businesses that could potentially help our economy. It's almost like a conflict in interest. They lend us money and get it right back.

Ehhh. I don't know what to believe with this one. Watching.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 7:56am
Chinese "lending" money is an oversimplification. They are making investments expecting a healthy return. It's not any type of good will gesture.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 8:00am
Chinese are notoriously racist and ethnocentric. I expect the overall plight of Blacks in America to remain unchanged.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 8:52am

I am in Houston. There are lots of small shops around that area. The banks etc are Asian and not so much the mainstream American ones. I want to learn Korean, Japanese and Chinese. I have been told that Korean would be good to start with as I have had some Spanish.

Really why Tokyo? Not mandarin first?
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 8:55am
Originally posted by yellalady08 yellalady08 wrote:

While their cohesiveness is astonishing, I can see the threat that some see as well. China owns a great portion of American debt. People have argued that if they decided to call that debt, then that would be catastrophic to the American economy. Them buying up so much land may be seen as the set up for a takeover.

If so many feel that China "HATES" us why would they seek to help us? Not only by lending us money, but by opening businesses that could potentially help our economy. It's almost like a conflict in interest. They lend us money and get it right back.

Ehhh. I don't know what to believe with this one. Watching.

I agree...especially with me being a Cyber Security major...
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:04am
We live in a global village and the village is getting smaller. Resistance only slows your own progression. We should be encouraging all our children other languages and not just English. To learn Mandarin is excellent. It is a massive advantage to have.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Chinese "lending" money is an oversimplification. They are making investments expecting a healthy return. It's not any type of good will gesture.

Yup
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:29am

Why do you say this?  The reason why I ask is I would assume that Chinese would be a good starting point since a lot of East Asian languages have a lot of Chinese loanwords.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

It's too late for me to learn Mandarin. My mandarin will never be as good as their English so I won't waste my time. Black people definitely need to push foreign languages on our children early on. Spanish/Portuguese + English and u got all the Americas covered, a few countries in Africa and Europe. Our most gifted language learners should tackle Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic.

With that kind of thinking, of course you won't learn a language but I feel that if you put in the effort and try a different learning method, like immersion, you can communicate with those who speak a different language.  True you may not be fluent but at least you can say you know a second language.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic