Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMassages and Facials wearing lf?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Flyat40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Massages and Facials wearing lf?
    Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 4:42pm
How do you handle them?  I want to book a massage w/ facial but I don't want to be self-conscious about being "found out".  If I'm going to feel stressed about going, it will defeat the purpose of having a spa treatment.
Sponsored Links

Sheryse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 4:52pm
I would just them to not touch my hair, or be careful around my hair.. They don't have to know what it is...

How are you going to wear your hair when you go?  Don't feel stress that is a time to relax and enjoy being pampered...
Flyat40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:20pm
^^I was going to wear it down like I always do.  I'm just concerned that when they massage my neck and temple that they'll feel the hairline and nape.  I had an embarrassing experience with a chiropractor who asked me if I was wearing a wig (I was wearing a bss one back then).  He felt it when he was adjusting my neck.Embarrassed
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:21pm
when i get a massage, i just say "please stay out of my hair" and they do. girl, they know people wear wigs and extensions, it's no big deal to them.

but a facial. i'm not sure about that.i feel like, even if they were cautious about staying out of the hairline, i would still be worried about some tape puckering and steam causing liftage.
Ivy_Grad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:23pm
I'm sure my physical therapist knows I wear something. LOL  As part of my therapy I get neck massages.  Now I just make sure my hair is secured in a bun.  Are you worried about it lifting?  I think if there is a way you can have your hair already pulled back and secured it makes things less awkward.  When its down if they have to go about moving your hair out of the way then anxiety ensues.
Nufsayd View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:25pm
Hey Flyat40...girl I go to get my eyebrows waxed alot and have gotten a facial before with an LF on....I have went with and without a scarf on...and have been just fine...you can always put on a nice silk scarf and wrap it around your head to match your outfit and look cute as hell...while still lettlng your hair hang out ....maybe that will help...IDKConfused

Edited by Nufsayd - Dec 24 2009 at 5:26pm
Flyat40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:29pm
^^^Great ideas, ladies!  I can definitely pin it up and tie it down with a scarf.  That way the unit will be out of sight and out of mind,LOL.
Flyat40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 5:33pm
BTW, the internet is getting da*n spooky!  I just search Red Door Spas and the ad pops up on bhm!  Talk about "Big Brother" watching!Shocked
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 7:41pm
I had a massage and facial at this one place I will not go back to.  The woman doing the facial said "Black people don't have such nice hair. That can't be your hair."  Needless to say, I am NEVER going  back (and I didn't give her that great a tip either).
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2009 at 9:44pm
i wouldn't have left her NO tip. wow.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic