Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marlon Wayans Offends @ MTV's African Music Awards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Marlon Wayans Offends @ MTV's African Music Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by augiemoment augiemoment wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

@augie--whether you're offended or not is none of my business tbh...you're entitled to your opinion 100%

but brushing aside how other people should feel about these situations ('stop overanalysing') is what I take issue with

not everyone is cool about africa being made a mockery of is all I wanted to say and that doesn't mean they're 'overanalysing' anything

<p ="Msonormal">See this is why i said over-analysing, because as an African,
I understood his jokes and that he was mocking American stereotypes and not
Africa. But what I seem to get from you is that we may not be capable of
understanding American jokes so we should take offence.

People are going to be
offended no matter what, that doesn’t mean we should rubbish someone’s effort.

<p ="Msonormal">and what is wrong with choosing an American to host the show, its MTV africa doesnt mean everything has to be African

what the fuccck??!

seriously!!??
Sponsored Links

NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:15am
welp I guess I know who the new blacks are on BHM.. new black fever is spreading
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by augiemoment augiemoment wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

@augie--whether you're offended or not is none of my business tbh...you're entitled to your opinion 100%

but brushing aside how other people should feel about these situations ('stop overanalysing') is what I take issue with

not everyone is cool about africa being made a mockery of is all I wanted to say and that doesn't mean they're 'overanalysing' anything

See this is why i said over-analysing, because as an African, I understood his jokes and that he was mocking American stereotypes and not Africa. But what I seem to get from you is that we may not be capable of understanding American jokes so we should take offence. People are going to be offended no matter what, that doesn’t mean we should rubbish someone’s effort.

and what is wrong with choosing an American to host the show, its MTV africa doesnt mean everything has to be African

where are you getting that fromConfused

Personally i thought all she was saying was that just because you weren't offended, doesn't mean others weren't, and that doesn't mean they are overanalysing, it simply means they were offended...
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:20am
augie--I'm trying my hardest to be level-headed and polite with you...

don't twist my words

what I said was that just because you're not offended doesn't mean you get to tell anybody else how they should feel

I'm african too btw and I found his jokes offensive (you don't have to find them distasteful but you don't get to tell anyone how they should take it)

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 28 2014 at 10:22am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:25am

I guess we need to watch the show

mocking africa = mocking american stereotypes?

I can see if he was shedding light on ignorance a la Dave Chappelle (which I am sure Marlon is not capable of) but being AA and making rude ass jokes is not the same thing

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 28 2014 at 10:26am
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:28am
welp, have a blessed shabbat everyone
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 11:06am
Video and knowing Marlon work it was probably bad.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 11:09am
I think he is ignorant! Sometimes we want to excuse comedians because they actually think what they are saying is FUNNY! But its often based out of pure hate and ignorance. Its like some who get up and debase women, in their routines we need to stop allowing stuff like this. I used to like him but he is just getting sillier and NOT in a good way.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

Is there any footage of the show online?

It was featured on Black Voices the other day. But I found this on YouTube

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

this is why Africans don't respect African Americans .

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>