Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marlon Wayans Offends @ MTVs African Music Awards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Marlon Wayans Offends @ MTVs African Music Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:44am
Is there any footage of the show online?
Sponsored Links

augiemoment View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote augiemoment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:44am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by augiemoment augiemoment wrote:

errm, i watched the show from lagos and i wasnt offended neither were other Nigerians i watched it with. in fact we thought it was a great show and we laughed a lot. people should stop with the over analysing everything

Ermm
what did i say? do you want me to get offended when i genuinely am not or is it my grammar that is wrong?
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:51am
That's a damn shame, people continually piss in me off
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:52am
@augie--whether you're offended or not is none of my business tbh...you're entitled to your opinion 100%

but brushing aside how other people should feel about these situations ('stop overanalysing') is what I take issue with

not everyone is cool about africa being made a mockery of is all I wanted to say and that doesn't mean they're 'overanalysing' anything

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 28 2014 at 9:59am
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:57am
I agree Cherry... people have a right to be offended if they feel slighted...
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:07am
Why did they pick Marlon. He hasn't been funny since 1999. I don't really like Marlon he is a coon
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:08am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

why would they even choose an American to host their show? 
This
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by augiemoment augiemoment wrote:

errm, i watched the show from lagos and i wasnt offended neither were other Nigerians i watched it with. in fact we thought it was a great show and we laughed a lot. people should stop with the over analysing everything
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I agree Cherry... people have a right to be offended if they feel slighted...

this

Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Why did they pick Marlon. He hasn't been funny since 1999. I don't really like Marlon he is a coon
he had a movie coming out,

i cant remember who hosted a few years ago and was bitching

they use the aa celebs to get a lil profile to their awards
augiemoment View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote augiemoment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

@augie--whether you're offended or not is none of my business tbh...you're entitled to your opinion 100%

but brushing aside how other people should feel about these situations ('stop overanalysing') is what I take issue with

not everyone is cool about africa being made a mockery of is all I wanted to say and that doesn't mean they're 'overanalysing' anything

See this is why i said over-analysing, because as an African, I understood his jokes and that he was mocking American stereotypes and not Africa. But what I seem to get from you is that we may not be capable of understanding American jokes so we should take offence. People are going to be offended no matter what, that doesn’t mean we should rubbish someone’s effort.

and what is wrong with choosing an American to host the show, its MTV africa doesnt mean everything has to be African

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic