Perfect Hair Collection

Marley twists... HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:19pm
The last time I did Marley twists I didnt want the braided roots and I had the same issue as you, until I watched this video:

Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:23pm
Awesome!
As far as tightness goes these lil clips help a lot. Pin one side down while twisting the other. L
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Ugh I can't find the video that showed me exactly what to do. But you have to do what TC said, first twisting the fake hair into the real (very taughtly, several rotations, like I do a couple inches worth) and then cross them over to make the two strand twist. Because you do it taughtly it automatically anchors well.

Look up Breanna Rutter on youtube though. She has very well explained videos that show several shots of hand placement for starting twists, braids, cornrows. Really really helpful.

thanks! her video is what had me thinking I could do this on my own. unfortunately she instructs that you twist both sides in the same direction which had me failing tremendously for a few hours smh

Ah I see. I think when I actually do it, I tried a few different ways and ultimately twisted the hair in my right hand to my right...and the hair in my left hand to my left...and then crossed them over.

If you're better at cornrows...or know someone who will cornrow your base for cheap...then doing crochet/latch hook twists is much easier and faster. Even kind of bootleg cornrows that aren't that great/tight will work in a pinch (which is what mine usually are).
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:29pm
^^^ yeah, Maysay's right, if OP is twisting both sections in the same direction, they will unravel, she needs to twist them in opposite directions before crossing them
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 4:59pm
Or you can go back to the stylist and have her fix it.....and also redo the ones that are separating.....for now.
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:39pm
Yeah, go back to the stylist. they're not going to charge you for one braid. i've done that before. after 11 days your braids shouldn't be coming out anyway. even though you messed with it you don't have to tell them that lol
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

The last time I did Marley twists I didnt want the braided roots and I had the same issue as you, until I watched this video:

thanks for posting.  i am going to try this method the next time i do my hair this way.  Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic