FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Marley twists... HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:11pm
Don't start with a twist.

Start with a braid. 

Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This will show I better than i can explaining it. If their slipping its likely due to you not continuously twisting the hair as you make the twist. Assuming hair length isnt an issue in the area. Also it doesnt have to be as tight as you think to hold.

This is what I did when I had my twist in....It slipped a couple days later lol but I liked it better than the braided look
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:20pm
well one other thing you can do is take them all down and latch-hook them in, none of your hair will show! Last time I did this style this is what I did it takes less time and less effort and clean look! you can still do the edges if you want!

Edited by naturesgift - Jun 29 2014 at 2:23pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

okay I watched the video and that's what I'm doing...
when it comes time to overlap the twists it just pulls down the length of my hair. I will keep trying to twist whole I'm overlapping to see if that helps.

at first I thought it was the texture of my hair but she's doing it on that silky hair no problem...

i had this problem when i first tried the technique in the video. 

1st make sure you are pre twisting the 2 sections in the opposite direction  (away from each other...almost how you would wring out a towel...if that makes sense) making sure the 2 section are twisted tighter at the scalp.

and then when it is time to twist the 2 together you need to twist in a certain direction for it to easily work. if one way is not working try the other direction.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:30pm
^ indeed TC.

It can be time consuming but u do have to pay attention to those small details. it was frustrating as hell when i first tried them.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:34pm
I am following all of your advice but I'm still finding that the twist hair is buckling and not staying taut/ tight against my hair/scalp at the middle spot where it bends.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:46pm
Crap this one is kinda hard to help without seeing it. The issue could be that your starting the actual twist with the wrong strand.

Ex.twist the right to the right. The left to the left. Then start the strand by crossing the left over the right . Continuing to twist the individual strands on your way down.

Good luck
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:48pm
Ugh I can't find the video that showed me exactly what to do. But you have to do what TC said, first twisting the fake hair into the real (very taughtly, several rotations, like I do a couple inches worth) and then cross them over to make the two strand twist. Because you do it taughtly it automatically anchors well.

Look up Breanna Rutter on youtube though. She has very well explained videos that show several shots of hand placement for starting twists, braids, cornrows. Really really helpful.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:51pm
okay I did it! it's not tight but it's not unsightly.
thanks for all the help
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Ugh I can't find the video that showed me exactly what to do. But you have to do what TC said, first twisting the fake hair into the real (very taughtly, several rotations, like I do a couple inches worth) and then cross them over to make the two strand twist. Because you do it taughtly it automatically anchors well.

Look up Breanna Rutter on youtube though. She has very well explained videos that show several shots of hand placement for starting twists, braids, cornrows. Really really helpful.

thanks! her video is what had me thinking I could do this on my own. unfortunately she instructs that you twist both sides in the same direction which had me failing tremendously for a few hours smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic