FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Marley twists... HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marley twists... HELP!
    Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:34pm
so I got my hair done 11 days ago and I hated them from day 1... I just chalked it up to me not communicating well enough. anyway as time has gone on my real hair has started separating from the twists. has me looking real dusty. I called myself undoing part of the twist so I could gel it back ino submission. mistake

so the whole twist came out. I'm trying to redo it using the invisible roots method but it isn't working out for me. I'm twisting the hair as tight as I can to my real hair but when I go to twist the 2 strands together it slips away from the root. what am I doing wrong?

my birthday is in a few days I can't waste the money I spent and take it out but I also can't keep walking around like this. >.<

tia!
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:38pm
can you braid it in just like 3 times, then twist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

can you braid it in just like 3 times, then twist

also are you splitting your own hair in 2 parts?
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:42pm
Yeah, try the braid way. My hands would not let me do the invisible method. I gave up.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:42pm
This will show I better than i can explaining it. If their slipping its likely due to you not continuously twisting the hair as you make the twist. Assuming hair length isnt an issue in the area. Also it doesnt have to be as tight as you think to hold.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:47pm
only problem with the that one is she is doing the marley twist so she does not really have to twist like kinky twist!
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:51pm
It's easier to braid at the roots around 3 times than to do the invisible method imo...
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:55pm
I use the same method for Marley/ kinky twist. The only real difference being the type of hair ive used and the size of the twist. She could braiding it is easier. I'm just not a fan of the look. Just a matter of opinion
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:01pm
thanks for all the responses ladies!
I don't like the braided look either... I tried that and also had the problem with the hair slipping.
I will keep trying both methods I really just need this twist back in my head ASAP.

yes I am splitting my hair into 2 pieces... goi to watch the video now.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:03pm
okay I watched the video and that's what I'm doing...
when it comes time to overlap the twists it just pulls down the length of my hair. I will keep trying to twist whole I'm overlapping to see if that helps.

at first I thought it was the texture of my hair but she's doing it on that silky hair no problem...

Edited by beebeexx - Jun 29 2014 at 2:10pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic