Extensions Plus

Forum LockedMarie67 Hooked a sista up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
msamdawson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marie67 Hooked a sista up!
    Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 8:59am

I just think it is SO difficult to find a good person to do your hair whether you wear a weave or not.    Well because I wear a weave with all  my hair corn-rowed underneath the weave, I really wanted somebody who could really deliver on installing it well and making it look as natural as possible. 

I was doing some searching and researching online to try to find someone in the DC metro and stumbled across Marie67's post to someone who was also looking for someone in the DC metro.  I had a lot of questions because I was also looking for a GOOD closure piece that would blend well with my weave hair which I use th OUTRE VELVET REMI (OVR), F4/27, 14 inches.  I had drama just trying to find what I wanted in the bss which is where I bought the first packs of OVR when I started wearing it. I couldn't find the color or length so I ordered in online.  The bigger challenges was finding a new stylist and the right closure.  Well I killed two birds with one stone when I contacted Marie67 (Tracey).  She really helped me out and gave me the information I needed to make a good choice.  Plus she told me should could color it for me which was cool.  TRACEY ROCKS!  I gotta get some pics to post because she hooked me up.  I absolutely love the color and it came out much better than i could have expected.  Tracey has great weave techniques which distinguishes someone from simply "i do weaves" or "i can do a weave" from "i love doing weaves" or "weaves are my thing."  Weaves are definitely Tracey's thing and that was what I was looking for in a stylist at this point.  Back to the closure, she took the #4 (honey blond) closure and colored it so that it was low-lighted and the blend was absolutely gorgeous!  I took her advice and ordered it from joyastylehair.com.  I don't think i could have (i didn't) found a great quality closure in a bss.  Nothing I saw was worth it and many bss don't sell closures. 

Anyway, I highly recommend using Tracey aka Marie67.  You should look her up.  I went to the shop but she can hook you up at her home if that works for you both.  The shop was cool but if you don't mind curious others asking questions about how she is doing your hair. That didn't bother me. Hell I was just  wanting her to hook me up since I was looking crazy from my 5month old weave Confused cause I vowed not to return to the chick who was not professional at all.  Tracey ragged me about that but it was worth it to find somebody who could do it right.  You can email Tracey on her profile and she is good at getting at you and she's on the board.  I don't know if she wants me to post her number or not but the salon she works at is at Tyson's Corner Center, Le Salon near the Lord and Taylor on the 2nd level. 

If you wear a full weave, definite invest in a decent closure because it makes a HUGE difference.  Thanks Tracey! Clap
Sponsored Links

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:14am
 Lots And Lots Of Thunderous Applause Bravo Lots And Lots Of Thunderous Applause 
Congrats girl.. I've spoken to Tracey on the phone. She's a smart lady, and really knows her stuff when it comes to hair. If I lived in the DC metro area, she would most DEFINITEY be my stylist.. post pics girl.. Dying to see your hair.. 

somethingnew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:19am
Tracey since you are right in my area I'm going to have to pay you a visit. I'm happy with my stylist now but it's nice to know that you are right there in Tysons. Wink.
LovelyLisa View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:24am
Do you have pics so we can see?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:27am
Yup Tracey knows her stuff and I took her advice especially with the online ordering because you just don't know what is what if you can't really see it.  Tracey is really knowledgeable about how to hook your weave up.  So if you want to go to someone who knows weaves (not everybody is good with weaves because it's not really their thing though they will do them for the money) go to Tracey.  I like a stylist who is knowledgable AND helpful.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:28am
Tracey lives in DC and she will work from her home or from the shop, depending.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:28am
I will be taking some pics to post SOON because I think she needs to have her work seen on here!
somethingnew View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 9:30am
Yeah, pictures of Traceys hair and her work would be great! I don't think I've ever seen close up pics of her hair or her clients. Does she have a fotki?
Anyway, I have to run. Have a good day all!

Edited by somethingnew - Oct 02 2006 at 9:30am
McKelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 10:39am
Hey Lady,

We need some pics! I have a great weavelologist, but my back row keeps coming loose and I need to be able to hold that in longer. Help a sista out on that. Tysons is kinda far, but if it looks as good as you say it do. I may have to drive out there! How much does she charge? Do you provide the hair? Give us the 411! DC BABY! Chocolate DRAMA CITY!

--McKelle

marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2006 at 10:51am
Originally posted by msamdawson msamdawson wrote:

I want to say thank you msamdawson!!! We really had fun yesterday and my co-workers loved you as well!  I'm so pleased that you are pleased,and thanks for the shout out! Now go and be cuteWink  Also everyone,if you do choose a closure, try Kaysirra  "Hally's Curls"first because she has some great closures and they are AFFORDABLE!!!

I just think it is SO difficult to find a good person to do your hair whether you wear a weave or not.    Well because I wear a weave with all  my hair corn-rowed underneath the weave, I really wanted somebody who could really deliver on installing it well and making it look as natural as possible. 

I was doing some searching and researching online to try to find someone in the DC metro and stumbled across Marie67's post to someone who was also looking for someone in the DC metro.  I had a lot of questions because I was also looking for a GOOD closure piece that would blend well with my weave hair which I use th OUTRE VELVET REMI (OVR), F4/27, 14 inches.  I had drama just trying to find what I wanted in the bss which is where I bought the first packs of OVR when I started wearing it. I couldn't find the color or length so I ordered in online.  The bigger challenges was finding a new stylist and the right closure.  Well I killed two birds with one stone when I contacted Marie67 (Tracey).  She really helped me out and gave me the information I needed to make a good choice.  Plus she told me should could color it for me which was cool.  TRACEY ROCKS!  I gotta get some pics to post because she hooked me up.  I absolutely love the color and it came out much better than i could have expected.  Tracey has great weave techniques which distinguishes someone from simply "i do weaves" or "i can do a weave" from "i love doing weaves" or "weaves are my thing."  Weaves are definitely Tracey's thing and that was what I was looking for in a stylist at this point.  Back to the closure, she took the #4 (honey blond) closure and colored it so that it was low-lighted and the blend was absolutely gorgeous!  I took her advice and ordered it from joyastylehair.com.  I don't think i could have (i didn't) found a great quality closure in a bss.  Nothing I saw was worth it and many bss don't sell closures. 

Anyway, I highly recommend using Tracey aka Marie67.  You should look her up.  I went to the shop but she can hook you up at her home if that works for you both.  The shop was cool but if you don't mind curious others asking questions about how she is doing your hair. That didn't bother me. Hell I was just  wanting her to hook me up since I was looking crazy from my 5month old weave Confused cause I vowed not to return to the chick who was not professional at all.  Tracey ragged me about that but it was worth it to find somebody who could do it right.  You can email Tracey on her profile and she is good at getting at you and she's on the board.  I don't know if she wants me to post her number or not but the salon she works at is at Tyson's Corner Center, Le Salon near the Lord and Taylor on the 2nd level. 

If you wear a full weave, definite invest in a decent closure because it makes a HUGE difference.  Thanks Tracey! Clap

Edited by marie67 - Oct 02 2006 at 11:20am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic