BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Mariah Carey Security

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mariah Carey Security
    Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 5:51am
Do you think this is necessary? is she going to far?

Mariah Carey increased security in feud with fellow "Idol" judge

Reuters – 17 hrs ago
  • Recording artist Mariah Carey accepts the 2012 Icon Award at BMI?s annual Urban Music Awards at the Saban theatre in Beverly Hills, California September 7, 2012. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
    Enlarge Photo

Reuters/Reuters - Recording artist Mariah Carey accepts the 2012 Icon Award at BMI?s annual Urban Music Awards at the Saban theatre in Beverly Hills, California September 7, 2012. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pop diva Mariah Carey said she hired increased security following what she described as threats reportedly made against her by fellow 'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj, according to an interview on ABC News.

Carey, 42, one of three new judges to join the "American Idol" panel for the hit talent show's new season on January 16, told Barbara Walters in an interview airing on Monday, "it felt like an unsafe work environment."

"Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate," Carey said.

"I'm a professional. I'm not used to that type of environment," she said, adding that she hired extra security.

The diva was alluding to widely reported tension between her and Minaj, who were seen arguing with one another in a video from the show's audition phase.

Walters has reported that, according to Carey, others on the "Idol" set heard Minaj go further and say, off-camera, "If I had a gun, I would shoot that bitch."

Minaj, a Trinidadian-born singer and songwriter, previously denied making any remarks about firearms, but Carey told Walters that beefing up her security "was the appropriate thing to do."

"Sitting there on the road with two babies, I'm not going to take any chances," she said, referring to her 20-month old twins with husband Nick Cannon.

But in a sign of media savvy, she noted that "for all the drama, I hope it helps the show."

Walters also asked Carey about reports she is being paid $18 million for each "Idol" season.

"I think we're in the ballpark, (but) I can't even talk about those things," the singer replied.

(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Piya Sinha-Roy and Paul Simao)

Sponsored Links

Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 6:53am
Hot air, nothing new to see here. 
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:04am
First thread= Unsuccessful
lol
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:45am
Umm what could Mariah have done during the taping of the show .. to cause Minaj to think about taking out a gun and shooting her? How can this even be an idle threat. DUH!

Either this is all fake to boost ratings or Minaj is ghetto.
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:51am
Aint she a celeb ??U know how they do things for attention and sh*t OuchBOTH OF THEM
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 8:02am
good for mariah

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 8:04am
In the ballpark of 18 million?

Damn
keishe83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keishe83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 8:28am
Mariah is such a drama queen. I'm over her.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 8:55am
I wish someone would cut me a check of 10mil+ to show up and breathe on a show that nobody watches
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:07am
well if i could i'd up my security too and wouldnt take chances....that being said...i think theyre doing all they can to get viewers...not even sure ppl really care though. i only hear talk about it here on bhm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic