Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Man threw away $1.25 million in lottery tickets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Man threw away $1.25 million in lottery tickets

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man threw away $1.25 million in lottery tickets
    Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:47pm

Man threw away $1.25 million worth of lottery tickets, York store says

The 25 tickets, all purchased at a York corner grocery store, had to be redeemed by March 13

By Mike Argento

margento@ydr.com @FnMikeArgento on Twitter

Updated:   04/13/2014 06:53:49 AM EDT

video

The guy, it goes without saying, was pretty upset.

"Wouldn't you be," said Wendy Hinton, who works at Zhou Grocery on South Queen Street in York.

On March 13, 2013, she sold 25 Quinto tickets - numbers 4-3-4-1-8 - to one of her regular customers, a man who, at the time, lived a couple of blocks from the corner store. She remembered because he played the same numbers every day - their significance, not known - and always bought a bunch of tickets with the same numbers - sometimes 20, other times 25 - among his daily lottery purchases that totaled about $100 a day.

Shortly after the drawing, she said, the man checked the numbers, but must have misread them and threw the tickets in the trash.

The 25 tickets were worth $50,000 each - $1.25 million total.

"He was mad," Hinton said of the day he found out that he threw away more than a million dollars. "He was so mad he played $400 that day."

Some 25 winning lottery tickets were sold at Zhou Grocery on South Queen Street in York. The tickets were thrown away mistakenly by the man who purchased

Some 25 winning lottery tickets were sold at Zhou Grocery on South Queen Street in York. The tickets were thrown away mistakenly by the man who purchased them, a store employee said. (Mike Argento -- Daily Record/Sunday News)

It had been a mystery what happened to the tickets. The Pennsylvania Lottery put out a news release back in February, warning whoever held the tickets that they had until March 13 to cash them in, figuring that the person may have tucked them away in a kitchen junk drawer or had them in a wallet or pocketbook and hadn't bothered to check them.

The truth was slightly different.

"Oh, no," lottery spokeswoman Lauren Bottaro said. "Wow."

Bottaro said the lottery hates for tickets to go unclaimed and said this instance emphasizes the importance of players checking their tickets.

The $1.25 million jackpot will now remain in the state Lottery Fund.

Lottery players are usually pretty diligent about checking their tickets. Bottaro said Unclaimed tickets are very rare, composing maybe 1 percent of the number of tickets sold in the state.

"We do what we can" to notify winners, Bottaro said. "But sometimes, it's just not enough."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdfgAuB4hEY
http://www.ydr.com/News/ci_25545287/Man-threw-away-125-million-worth

Edited by tatee - Apr 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Sponsored Links

LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:56pm
time for a dumpster dive 
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:56pm
I know he's kicking his own ass right about now....Sleepy
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:58pm
I will be devastated, but I choose to look on the bright side and claim divine intervention. Being in possession of that money may have brought him nothing but heartache.

When life deals you Lemons, make Lemonade
Angel2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:58pm
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:59pm
this reminds me .. let me go redeem my free ticket
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:52pm
I think they would have me to admit me to a crazy house

Edited by Brjasuga51 - Apr 14 2014 at 5:57pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:54pm

aw naw i would have tore my city up

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:13pm
I want to start playing.

I won a little in Vegas a few weeks ago.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 2:19am
Wasn't meant to be...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply