Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Man on Death Row Free After 30 Yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man on Death Row Free After 30 Yrs
    Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:06am

Louisiana's longest-serving death row prisoner walks free after 30 years

By Dana Ford, CNN
updated 9:23 AM EDT, Wed March 12, 2014

video

CNN) -- There are many ways to measure 30 years, but for Glenn Ford, the yardstick is simple.

"My sons -- when I left -- was babies. Now they grown men with babies," he said, speaking as a free man for the first time in nearly three decades.

Ford, Louisiana's longest-serving death row prisoner, walked free Tuesday after spending nearly 30 years behind bars for a murder he did not commit.

"My mind's going all kinds of directions, but it feels good," Ford, 64, told reporters outside the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola, according to CNN affiliate WAFB.

One reporter asked whether he harbors any resentment.

"Yeah, because I was locked up almost 30 years for something I didn't do," said Ford, who wore a denim shirt, a hat and dark-rimmed glasses.

"Thirty years of my life, if not all of it," he said, WAFB reported. "I can't go back."

According to the Capital Post Conviction Project of Louisiana, a judge ordered that Ford be freed Monday after prosecutors petitioned the court to release him.

New information corroborated what Ford had said all along: that he was not present at nor involved in the November 5, 1983, slaying of Isadore Rozeman, the project said.

"We are very pleased to see Glenn Ford finally exonerated, and we are particularly grateful that the prosecution and the court moved ahead so decisively to set Mr. Ford free," said Gary Clements and Aaron Novod, Ford's attorneys.

They have argued his trial was compromised by the unconstitutional suppression of evidence and by inexperienced counsel.

Ford had been on death row since 1984, making him one of the longest-serving death row prisoners in the United States.

"After 30 years, Louisiana's longest-serving death row prisoner will get his freedom soon," Amnesty International USA senior campaigner Thenjiwe Tameika McHarris said in a statement shortly before his release.

"Glenn Ford is living proof of just how flawed our justice system truly is. We are moved that Mr. Ford, an African-American man convicted by an all-white jury, will be able to leave death row a survivor."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/us/louisiana-glenn-ford-freed/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp7t6Bwt8ho

Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:11am
So this man was in prison longer than I've been alive. That's f*cked up. I don't see how they can sentd someone to prison without evidence. When I was little I thought that was just something that didn't happen.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:14am
---The law calls for payments of $25,000 per year of wrongful incarceration up to a maximum of $250,000, plus another $80,000 for loss of "life opportunities."

so after 30 all he gets is $330,000....some straight up bullsh*t, imho.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:19am
He's Black? I am shocked!!! Shocked I tell ya!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

---The law calls for payments of $25,000 per year of wrongful incarceration up to a maximum of $250,000, plus another $80,000 for loss of "life opportunities."

so after 30 all he gets is $330,000....some straight up bullsh*t, imho.

damnOuch

id might have to kill somebody just so my time served wont be in vain
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:41am
30 years!
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:43am
He needs to sue for hundreds of millions. If not that then he needs to give whoever sent him to prison a new reason to send him back, Lord forgive me.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:53am
That's seriously messed up!!!!! There is no money in the world that would make up for losing 30 years of my life.
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 11:56am
He needs at least 2 mil. At least! And served at Angola too? Lawd
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 12:00pm
Tom Joyner was talking about this yesterday. He and Jay said the man will have a strong case of the "what's that?"

What's that? A microwave it heats your food real fast
What's that? A toaster oven
Where's the back of the television? It's called a flat screen
Do we still have tape players? No we use an IPod it's got about 4,000 songs on it.
How do you get the songs out? You shake it

I laughed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon