BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Man flips out over $80.00 cable bill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:38am

we have one downstairs and use it (the smart feature) primarily for Netflix

Natural smart TVs let you go on the net

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jan 08 2013 at 10:38am
Sponsored Links

kimbledawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbledawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:40am
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

haven't had cable in almost 2 years...Approve
Please dear TC. Tell me the ways of the Jedi

i watch the free hd channels (abc, nbc, cbs, fox ect) and shows from other networks over the interwebs...

i have found a few sites that stream msnbc, and cnn live.

the only issue would be sports...which i am not into anyway so meh...even still i found a site my bf loves that he can watch sports from all over the world (especially soccer since he is really into that)...the quality of pic is not that great on a big screen...but he doesn't care...lol

That would be more useful to hubster and I. It's a totally different dynamic with the children and daycare kids. I gotta find a way cause this cable bill is eating my pockets. I get tired of waiting until "Black Christmas" to write it off.

I tried going online with the TV but it won't allow me to download the plug-ins needed to watch TV/videos. I tried using the computer/laptop but these little ones have "touching-Itis"

Depending on the type of tv you have, you can connect your tv to your laptop and let the kids watch on the big screen and put your laptop out of reach. We don't have cable, or regular tv. We have a large screen computer and we stream everything like that.
Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:41am
Comcast is rather expensive.. They only give you one real box that allows you view all the channels you're paying for.. If you have another tv it will only get basic (and I do mean basic) cable.. And my $hit is $90 a month... 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:42am

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

What's a Smart TV?

a tv which has the capability of browsing the internet built in.  they also have apps you can load (netflix, hulu ect).  think of it as a big azz tv/tablet.

Ooooo I just bought a new flat screen.  Are these any particular brands?  Mine is an LG.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:43am

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I also have a 32" Vizio.  I should hook my laptop to it when I get homeLOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:48am

you can also buy a smart TV box and hook it up to you TV
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:53am

I tried using the computer/laptop but these little ones have "touching-Itis"
i rarely even touch the lap top with the rest of my equiptment. i basically use this...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

we have one downstairs and use it (the smart feature) primarily for Netflix

Natural smart TVs let you go on the net

even the ones that allow you to get on the net and surf are not capable of viewing most  show sites content which require flash.  the browsers are crappy. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:02am
I was just thinking about this the other day. Got a billion channels but I only watch a handful. Only reason I feel like I need cable is for sports.

Once they figure out a sports package for the netflix, amazon instant videos of the world, I'll be permanently done with cable.

I already use firstrowsports for streaming sports but it's too unreliable and I want my ish in HD on the big screen TV.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>