Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Man flips out over $80.00 cable bill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

What's a Smart TV?

a tv which has the capability of browsing the internet built in.  they also have apps you can load (netflix, hulu ect).  think of it as a big azz tv/tablet.

Ooooo I just bought a new flat screen.  Are these any particular brands?  Mine is an LG.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I also have a 32" Vizio.  I should hook my laptop to it when I get homeLOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

I tried using the computer/laptop but these little ones have "touching-Itis"
i rarely even touch the lap top with the rest of my equiptment. i basically use this...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

we have one downstairs and use it (the smart feature) primarily for Netflix

Natural smart TVs let you go on the net

even the ones that allow you to get on the net and surf are not capable of viewing most  show sites content which require flash.  the browsers are crappy. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:02am
I was just thinking about this the other day. Got a billion channels but I only watch a handful. Only reason I feel like I need cable is for sports.

Once they figure out a sports package for the netflix, amazon instant videos of the world, I'll be permanently done with cable.

I already use firstrowsports for streaming sports but it's too unreliable and I want my ish in HD on the big screen TV.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I already use firstrowsports for streaming sports but it's too unreliable and I want my ish in HD on the big screen TV.

yep.  he still loves it tho (there is one other that he uses http://www.vipbox.tv/ ) ...especially for stuff that doesn't normally come on cable anyway, like soccer.  he said he was going to look into some package for bball that nba.com offers.  i don't care about sports so i never followed up with him.  lol

i will ask him to see what he found out...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jan 08 2013 at 11:11am
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:25am
i watch the free hd channels (abc, nbc, cbs, fox ect) and shows from other networks over the interwebs...

i have found a few sites that stream msnbc, and cnn live.

the only issue would be sports...which i am not into anyway so meh...even still i found a site my bf loves that he can watch sports from all over the world (especially soccer since he is really into that)...the quality of pic is not that great on a big screen...but he doesn't care...lol

[/QUOTE] That would be more useful to hubster and I. It's a totally different dynamic with the children and daycare kids. I gotta find a way cause this cable bill is eating my pockets. I get tired of waiting until "Black Christmas" to write it off.

I tried going online with the TV but it won't allow me to download the plug-ins needed to watch TV/videos. I tried using the computer/laptop but these little ones have "touching-Itis"
[/QUOTE]
Have you tried a media center?
(http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Media-Center-Full-HD/dp/B004GK0GKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357665822&sr=8-1&keywords=media+center)

We have an older one that works great. We just use the computer to download movies and tv shows then watch it on tv with the media center. They are easy to setup and play all current formats.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:50am
I've had it with these cable companies as well.

I threatened to leave Comcast and they basically told me they didn't care because I always pay my bill late.   
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I threatened to leave Comcast and they basically told me they didn't care because I always pay my bill late.   

Dang lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

lmaooooo you should have told them that was a whole nother revenue stream (late fees) for them anyway...so stfu.Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic