Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Man Charged with Plotting 'Twilight' Mass Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Man Charged with Plotting 'Twilight' Mass Shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man Charged with Plotting 'Twilight' Mass Shooting
    Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:12am

Man Charged with Plotting 'Twilight' Mass Shooting

A 20-year-old Missouri man was charged Friday with planning a mass shooting this weekend at either a screening of the latest Twilight movie or a local Walmart.

Blaec Lammers, of Bolivar, is accused of buying assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot mimicking the July mass shooting that killed 12 and wounded 57 at an Aurora, Colo., theater showing the premiere of the latest Batman movie, the Springfield News-Leader reports.

Lammers was charged with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

His mother contacted police Thursday, saying Lammers had bought assault weapons and ammunition, and was concerned he "may have intentions of shooting people at the movie," The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2, according to court documents. He told police he had bought a ticket for a Sunday show.

He then stated he might instead target the Walmart Supercenter in Bolivar "because if he ran out of ammunition he would be able to break the glass where the ammunition is stored and get more, writes the News-Leader, published by Gannett, USA TODAY's parent.

Police Detective Dusty Ross, who interviewed Lammers, told the Bolivar Herald-Free Press, that Lammers said he planned to surrender after the shooting at the B&B Bolivar Cinema 5. The theater manager would not comment. Walmart has not released any statement.

According to the police affidavit, signed by Ross, Lammers said he had bought two assault rifles for hunting. When asked about "recent shootings in the news," he "stated that he had a lot in common with the people. .. [He] stated he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn't tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," according to a probable-cause statement.

Lammers said he bought the guns Monday and Tuesday -- police did not say where -- and went to nearby Aldrich on Tuesday to practice shooting. According to the police affidavit, he said he had never fired a gun before and "wanted to make sure he knew how they functioned." He also said he was currently not taking his medication, which was not specified.

Ross said he does not believe anyone else was involved in the alleged plot.

"I think it would have been something he would have done solely on his own," Ross told the Herald-Free Press. "You'll come across people who will make threats toward people and events but they don't actually take the substantial steps that he took in planning it out."

The affidavit also stated that in 2009, Lammers "claimed he wanted to fatally stab a Walmart employee and followed the employee around the store before he was contacted by officers." KCTV5 says he was "not convicted in state court" but does not say whether he was charged.

Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:19am
While I feel she must have failed at parenting somewhere, I am SO GLAD, she called the police on her sonClap
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:19am
im glad his mother didnt sit on her hands

Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:23am
Agree now thats what I call a good mother not matter child or not she did whats right!!
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:26am
the article states he was not taking his medication.

Though the medicine in question is not mentioned, I am assuming it was for a mental rather than a physical ailment.

I don't think its right to assume there was any parental failing without more info (even though I am making assumptions about the medication!)
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 7:35am
That's crazy.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:50am
Mom said Not on My watch, even though she raised a Psycho...
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:11am
Thank heaven this was foiled. His mother did a great job. I can't imagine that was easy for her even though she knew it was right.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:32am
I just read this in the paper--sooooo glad Mom did the right thing and turned him in.  She didn't want blood on her hands...I don't blame her.  She saved many lives. Clap
lollypop036 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lollypop036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 10:43am
demonic possession is real
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style