Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Man catchin Beignets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maple Syrup View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Syrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:39pm
Dead Poor beaver

Edited by Maple Syrup - May 09 2013 at 9:39pm
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

is that literally a tail???????

Right?! Po beaver indeed.

...what that thang taste like fried?LOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:42pm
Who has tasted beaver??? That doesn't look very apetizing
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:47pm
How did yall manage to sneak drama into this thread? LOL

Let me go back to read *preps popcorn*

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

But then, I just added a detail to clarify my thoughts and you're acting like I'm attacking you and you somehow need to diffuse a situation. That's is kind of odd.

Most of your posts come off as unnecessarily aggressive. 

They only come off as aggressive because some people have an aversion to the fact that New Orleans cuisine is strongly African/west indian rooted. Had I made the argument that New Orleans cuisine is also strongly French rooted, no one would think of my posts as aggressive, as I am simply discussing the origins of food.

Funny reaction for an African. I'm sorry to bore you. I apologize. New Orleans food is purely français and espanol. Niccas have nothing to do with it. Does it make you feel better now?
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:46pm
Jp, you seem to have an issue with reading what was wrote. I don't recall anywhere where it was stated that there werent ANY African ties to the culture. I said it was PRIMARILY French and Spanish. In regards to the beignets, I was the only one who readily questioned it saying "I'm not sure."

You're way to busy trying to give me a history lesson on MY culture that you aren't even reading what was wrote.

I'm not going to readily agree with your opinion based off of food you've tasted with no real research or cultural experience. I have nothing against west Indian cultures, I admire them more than American culture. But I'm not going to claim something that is not in order to appease you.

If you can't accept historical evidence, that's a personal problem, but you dont know me from a can of paint so spare the b.s "you won't admit it's African so your cooning nonsense." and "people don't want to accept their African roots" nonsense to garner likes.
Some of you women are way to quick to call a person a coon if their ideas don't line up with yours. My skin is still black like yours, but that IS my culture and I AM going to claim it. However, I still see my self first and foremost as an AA woman.

The attitude and insults are unecessary. Maybe we can have this convo when you decide to stop calling people coons and actually do some real research from the cultural standpoint--not what happens with your mama's aunties cousins culture, that culture is independent from this one so that info doesn't apply.
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:07pm
Only on BHM can a beignet discussion take such a turn
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Jp, you seem to have an issue with reading what was wrote. I don't recall anywhere where it was stated that there werent ANY African ties to the culture. I said it was PRIMARILY French and Spanish. In regards to the beignets, I was the only one who readily questioned it saying "I'm not sure."

You're way to busy trying to give me a history lesson on MY culture that you aren't even reading what was wrote.

I'm not going to readily agree with your opinion based off of food you've tasted with no real research or cultural experience. I have nothing against west Indian cultures, I admire them more than American culture. But I'm not going to claim something that is not in order to appease you.

If you can't accept historical evidence, that's a personal problem, but you dont know me from a can of paint so spare the b.s "you won't admit it's African so your cooning nonsense." and "people don't want to accept their African roots" nonsense to garner likes.
Some of you women are way to quick to call a person a coon if their ideas don't line up with yours. My skin is still black like yours, but that IS my culture and I AM going to claim it. However, I still see my self first and foremost as an AA woman.

The attitude and insults are unecessary. Maybe we can have this convo when you decide to stop calling people coons and actually do some real research from the cultural standpoint--not what happens with your mama's aunties cousins culture, that culture is independent from this one so that info doesn't apply.

I'm sorry but your knowledge of your own culture is lacking. And it's kind of sad. I gave you evidence by citing historical fact, not by simply referring to my "mama's aunties cousin culture". Had you bothered to read my posts, you would have seen that. Maybe you need to read up on your own culture a little bit more. I'm sorry if my knowledge of history offends you.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

It's like funnel cake so I totally understand.LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

Nothing is sacred
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 4:24am
yall went from man catchin beignets.. to choppin off beaver tails... lawd...

lol i gotta show my aunt tho..so she can pair this up with her engagement chicken.

srly.Sleepy

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic