FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Male/Female Manicurist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 7:16am
The woman that does my nails is so damn nosey.. she tells me her business too, so I guess I can't complain. .lol
Sponsored Links

sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 7:31am
I only used to go to the salon for pedicures. Every time I went for a manicure and asked for a gel overlay, they would look at me all confused. The last time I went and asked a guy for that, he say yeah I can do that; only to end up cutting my nails off and putting acrylic over them Angry. After that, I said never again.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 8:42am
Only the men can do my nails right but I do have one spot were there is a lesbian manicurist shes good but I prefer the dudes
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

I seem not to have any luck when it comes to these females at this nail salon. Meaning they never get my nails done correctly. I just got my nails done last week and it looks like they are growing out really bad and it;s only because the girl didn't apply the gel all the way to the cuticle.

When a male do my nails, my nails are perfect. 

I have the Pink UV gel nails.

I also hate it when 2-3 people walk in and the nail tech just hurry up to get to those customer's and up my nails...i know u live on tips but dayum i was here first and take ur dayum time..

This happened to me a few times so I bought the gel and UV light to them myself.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 9:24am
Where I get my eyebrows waxed, it seems like everyone likes the guy that works there. They never want to females to do theirs
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

there should be a very small gap between cuticle and where product ends to prevent lifting. If product is touching cuticle that's guaranteed lifting.  But there shouldn't be so much space that it looks like you need a fill.  Lot of these what us nail techs call NSS.  Non standard salons are practicing illegal policies anyway.  Many of the techs were trained on the job with no certification at all.  Illegal chemical are often used . When they only charge $15 for a set of nails there motive is not quality service. It is to do as many customers in less time as possible. Thus equals you getting crappy nails.    Doing nails is not as simple as it looks.  You have to have a real steady hand and years of practice and you also must love doing it . I can't say that men or women techs are better....whoever has more practice  will be better.  

in some countries workers in Asian salons. Are only paid $5 and hour while some of these salons rake in 20k a week...it like a sweatshop for nails.    If I was getting $5/he I would not give a damn how your nails look either lol

No there is no small gap between the cuticle and where the product ends. It;s a nice size gap of where it does look like i need a refill. Like i said I have the pink uv gel nails and i love it cause one can wear polish with it or without polish. 
One tech did mess up my nails really bad to the point i had to go back 2ce and the 2nd time they just did all of my nails over for free cause she effed up. the guy did them over  and turned out excellent, the way they should of looked in the first place.

Hence your name ...Nailtech DC, QUESTION???  How does one get the pink nail gel removed? I was told it had to be filed down and then soaked off...

thanks for your response
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

The woman that does my nails is so damn nosey.. she tells me her business too, so I guess I can't complain. .lol

yep females are nosey as hell...can't understand half of what they r saying anyway...lol...they are nice but___________.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

I seem not to have any luck when it comes to these females at this nail salon. Meaning they never get my nails done correctly. I just got my nails done last week and it looks like they are growing out really bad and it;s only because the girl didn't apply the gel all the way to the cuticle.

When a male do my nails, my nails are perfect. 

I have the Pink UV gel nails.

I also hate it when 2-3 people walk in and the nail tech just hurry up to get to those customer's and up my nails...i know u live on tips but dayum i was here first and take ur dayum time..

This happened to me a few times so I bought the gel and UV light to them myself.

really?? now u r talking of the pink gel right? not the polish? if u r talking of the pink gel in a container that has to be applied to nail,, where do you get your;s from? and the UV light? 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

Where I get my eyebrows waxed, it seems like everyone likes the guy that works there. They never want to females to do theirs

he takes his time? detailed? knows just the right amount of hairs to get? the perfect arch?
to the point you say..I am taking u home with me..LOL he is that good huh?  

u see , is it because these females don't want you to be leaving there looking even more polished when u came in? The men (where i live) do take their time and are more detailed oriented. they take my hands and look at their work before they are done and if a mistake is found they correct it. Not these femalesAngry

the one guy who does my nails is so damn good i actually gave him a 10.00 tip..yep that's how good he is..but last week he wasn;t there and these nails had to get done..ratchet city..and i was given to a female...lawd  

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Oct 13 2013 at 5:05pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 5:08pm
Never noticed a major gender difference. Except once at this Vietnamese salon. All the ladies were busy with other customers, so the male owner went and did my nails. The polish lasted 2 days. I was pissed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic