Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Malaysia Airlines plane crashes: 239 people gone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes: 239 people gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:20pm
^^^^^^^^^
Out of the three airport that pilot would have had as options Langkawi is the worst one. Landing there is challenging with the mountain, low clouds, and high winds.  Slate also disputed this theory as well.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/03/18/mh370_disappearance_chris_goodfellow_s_theory_about_a_fire_and_langkawi.html
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 2:42pm
This post is interesting...

In The Absence Of Answers, We Return Repeatedly To The Questions
by ERIC DE NS
March 19, 2014 3:55 PM
i
Lai Seng Sin/AP
The view from inside a media circus is an odd one, indeed.

But I got a glimpse of the scenery a few days ago, when CNN asked me to weigh in on the similarities between the real-life missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and the myriad of fictional TV shows or movies where similar events have unfolded.

Why are we so drawn to these stories? anchor Suzanne Malveaux asked me in a few different ways, perhaps wanting an emotional take on how the plane crash scene in the TV series Lost or the film Alive could have ended Flight 370's mysterious voyage.

Instead, I tried to talk about an odd feedback loop we're experiencing in media, where those fictional scenes were created precisely because they reflect our worst fears about air travel. Then an actual event occurs that seems to mirror the fiction, and we can't look away — which only makes media want to feature it more, regardless of the information available.

But the problems with runaway media speculation go beyond a lack of basic information on the missing plane. Information given publicly by Malaysian officials and leaked to journalists is also sometimes seriously unreliable, leading to more untrustworthy reporting.

A piece for The Daily Beast notes Malaysian officials have revised their timeline on when the plane's co-pilot last spoke to air traffic control, placing his signoff at a time before the plane's transponder stopped working, not after — making speculation about nefarious intent in the cockpit a little tougher to swallow.

The Two-Way
Confusion Reigns In Search For Missing Airliner

The Two-Way
Officials Seem To Have No Clue About Fate Of Missing Jet

The Two-Way
More Theories But Still No Sign Of Missing Malaysian Jet
And there's also this story for Slate, which tries to debunk a theory first posted by a pilot on his Google Plus account and then republished on Wired magazine's website (that sentence alone sounds like a scary bit of meta-media shenaBrothans).

In the original pieces, pilot Chris Goodfellow suggests a simpler explanation: The pilots faced an emergency like a fire, turned toward the closest airport with a runway that could handle their jet, and were overcome by smoke or fumes before they could land.

The Slate story says accounts that an unidentified plane was spotted on radar making other course corrections indicate Goodfellow's theory is wrong. But if the plane in these radar contacts is unidentified, how can anyone know if it was Flight 370? Or that the radar data are accurate?

Questions about the data used in news reports abound. In a story aired on NBC's Today show on Wednesday, reporter Tom Costello noted that U.S. officials believe data showing the plane may have ascended to 45,000 feet and then dropped down to 5,000 feet are unreliable.

Still, Costello also seemed to stumble when trying to debunk Goodfellow's theory, quoting an expert who didn't believe a fire could disable all the plane's communications systems. But Goodfellow suggested the pilots may have turned off the power themselves, following procedures for diagnosing an electrical fire that involve switching off all systems and re-engaging them piecemeal to see which one is faulty.

As this Associated Press story notes, the missing plane has become an international news sensation, sparking ratings increases for CNN's immersive coverage and filling 17 of the 20 most popular articles on the BBC's website.

Which leads to my only confident conclusion: We've got lots more speculation and shifting facts to come, as a confused investigation meets worldwide media more worried about missing the audience bump on a big story than getting it wrong.

Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:44pm
If it was a fire, then damn I thought this was one of the safest planes they got and has never had an issue.

If it was a planned hijacking, then ok the pilots were crazy, u never know what happens when u put your life in the hands of strangers in an airplane.

Both cases result in the same outcome but I think I would feel less apprehensive on my next internationa l flight if I hear this tragedy was due to one over the other.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't get why they are dumping so much money and resources into this when those people are already dead. I'm not seeing how this makes sense. I mean the US has nothing to do with this. They just have this huge pile of money they use to go toward finding dead people in from other nations??? Who makes these decisions? Not to be insensitive.

President Barack Obama called the search for Flight 370 "a top priority," telling KDFW of Dallas on Wednesday that the United States will keep working on it.

"We have put every resource that we have available at the disposal of the search process," he said.

Well the plane was US manufactured.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:53pm
What if it ascended into the upper atmosphere?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:53pm
I would rather it be a crazy pilot.

But these things never make me nervous anyway. I have now have to fly a lot but this never crossed my mind.

Technology is not infallible even though that's hard for ppl to hear
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

But these things never make me nervous anyway. I have now have to fly a lot but this never crossed my mind.

yeah...im starting to get the feeling that people want it to be that the co-pilot did something sinister...
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Fly a cheap foreign airline and come back to me. I think Malaysian is pretty well known and one of the safest. I took some cheap ass Ecuador airline one time and damn near had a heart attack during take-off, a couple times in the air and during the landing. Them Ecuadorians was acting like it was a normal flight.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 5:44am
If these pilots were white....people wouldn't be accusing them up front, just saying. 
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 5:57am
At this point, there is nothing the world can tell me that I would believe.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
  Share Topic