Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Malaysia Airlines plane crashes: 239 people gone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Malaysia Airlines plane crashes: 239 people gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 42>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

has anyone heard about the alien abduction theories ?

My theory....but I figured too soon.....

yeah..

social media is going crazy tho 

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 11 2014 at 6:51pm
Sponsored Links

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:50pm
One of the most eerie rumors came after a few relatives said they were able to call the cellphones of their loved ones or find them on a Chinese instant messenger service called QQ that indicated that their phones were still somehow online.

A migrant worker in the room said that several other workers from his company were on the plane, including his brother-in-law. Among them, the QQ accounts of three still showed that they were online, he said Sunday afternoon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/vanished-malaysia-airlines-flight-leaves-relatives-with-anger-and-phantom-phone-calls/2014/03/10/fdb78642-a862-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:20pm
I'm reading that the plane went off course for hours before it disappeared. Not sure if that's been mentioned. 
*M. Gurl * View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *M. Gurl * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:21pm
If the cellphone is true, can they track the exact location then? Or are they on that already?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

has anyone heard about the alien abduction theories ?

Not until now...but if they never find a trace of that plane then I'll stick to that theory.  Ever since terrorism was eliminated I'm just lost for words.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 8:12pm
This is some STRAIGHT UP Lost stuff.

Plane was off course, Pacific Ocean, no traces found.

The cell phone status leads me to believe they may have "crashed" somewhere but MAY still be alive. I'm trying not to allow myself to think otherwise
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 8:33pm
A man said he convinced the police to come to his house and see the QQ signal online, but when he wasn't paying attention it went offline. Confused
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 9:09pm
this is some scary sh*t.
i aint neva been on an iron bird and its lookin like ill be sticking to ground travel for a long time to come
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 9:38pm
They know where that plane is....I think it's something important on the plane they need to get securely
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:00pm

(CNN) -- You -- the person now reading this story -- can help experts solve the mystery of what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared over the open sea.

In fact, thousands of aspiring good Samaritans are volunteering their time to scour part of the plane's search zone using detailed satellite images posted online by DigitalGlobe, a Colorado firm that owns one of the world's most advanced commercial satellite networks.

So many volunteers have joined the effort that the firm's website -- with its pinpoint pictures of everything floating in the ocean -- has crashed.

It is a busy week for "crowdsourcing," the Internet phenomenon where information is gathered from John and Jane Q. Public -- people like you -- and from your social media postings.

"This is a real needle-in-the-haystack problem, except the haystack is in the middle of the ocean," Luke Barrington of DigitalGlobe told CNN affiliate KMGH. "I will ask you to mark anything that looks interesting, any signs of wreckage or life rafts."

DigitalGlobe's satellite photos taken 400 miles above the Gulf of Thailand can capture a detail as small as a home plate. The challenge is finding the manpower to scour 1,235 square miles of such images on one of DigitalGlobe's websites, Tomnod.com -- with more pictures to be posted this week from satellites above the Strait of Malacca, said Abby Van Uum, an Edelman publicist retained by DigitalGlobe.

That's where crowdsourcing comes in.

"In many cases, the areas covered are so large, or the things we're looking for are so hard to find, that without the help of hundreds of thousands of people online, we'd never be able to find them," Barrington said.

One volunteer, Mike Seberger, 43, found a fascinating image in a matter of minutes: the silhouette in the ocean has the scale of a Boeing 777-200, the same model of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

His discovery can be seen on his CNN iReport page, which is also a form of crowdsourcing used by CNN.

DigitalGlobe and tomrod.com offer their satellite photos of ocean in crowdsourcing effort.
DigitalGlobe and tomrod.com offer their satellite photos of ocean in crowdsourcing effort.

"At first, I skipped past it, thinking, 'Nah. No way I would find anything that quickly,' " Seberger told CNN on Tuesday. "But then I kept scrolling back to it and thinking to myself, 'It does resemble a plane....'

"I played with the zoom on my browser a bit, and took a screenshot at 200%, which is what I uploaded" to CNN iReport, said Seberger, a manager of information technology in the Chicago area.

But Seberger does have his doubts: "Looking at it objectively, the shape of 'my' object appears plane-like and the dimensions are consistent with a 777-200. That said, I feel it is more likely to be a boat."

DigitalGlobe and the Tomnod.com website officials have yet to respond to his flagging of the curious image. "Their site is getting slammed, apparently, because about half the time that I try to access it, I get an error page, and sometimes even though I log in, no map loads," Seberger said Tuesday. "The site got slammed like healthcare.gov."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 42>
  Share Topic