Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making a wig using a lace frontal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
SampleSized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making a wig using a lace frontal
    Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 11:02am
Aloha,

I am torn between a lace frontal and a closure. If I get the lace frontal then i will probably have wefts left over for repairs on other wigs which would be rad, HOWEVER  I have a cap for a closure wig. I have a general mesh cap that everyone uses for u-parts and found a video where the woman cut out the part she needed before sewing BUT that was with a glueless LF cap it appears .  I have seen ladies sell wigs here in m2m where its a frontal and the back is attached to a cap so if ya have some advice let me know please. Obviously a closure would be easier  but I like having more styling options.

The frontal is 13x4 too, and my head is 21", the front abut 11", would that be a problem?

Cliffnotes version, can you direct me to the tutorials on making a Lace frontal wig?(I found 1 1/2 videos on youtube) -TIA

Edited by SampleSized - Sep 23 2013 at 11:06am
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 3:29pm
Noone knows how to make a lace front using a frontal?
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 6:11pm
I've thought about doing this myself, for a more custom fit lacefront without the custom cost... Not saying its never been done, but I havent seen a frontal wig on this site or heard of it being done on this site. Back in the day members in the weave section used frontals with sew installations.

Do a search on frontals in the weave archives, that should help you get started. I specifically recall the member named msallyse or something to that effect using frontals.

Edited to say I make all my wigs on a mold of my head. Ive done closure wigs and closed top wigs. Frontal wigs is the next frontier. 
I would start with making a mold of your head. Having that head mold will help you soooo much with sizing and frontal placement.

Edited by Anah - Sep 23 2013 at 6:29pm
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:47am
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:11pm
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:19pm
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction ladies, I greatly appreciate it !
dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:05am
just sew t frontal down,,,  then add tracks then.,,,, cut out cap under frontal
camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camille07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 5:07pm
can someone who has ever frankensteined lfs, maybe the parent to a very stupid child and/or accustomed and/or very good at being atypically patient when teaching, gently guide me through this process beginning with how one makes a knot with invisible thread and how to cut in a straight line. 
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2015 at 9:42pm
If you need somewhat reference photos and have an Instagram search:
chloehair7 - she makes frontal wigs and does a custom frontal see in that includes a frontal at the hairline and maps it looks so good! Also tokyostylez & iammicahdamac they are both great with making frontal units and post them daily.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic