Perfect Hair Collection

Makeup organization

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:05am
This is way less complicated than some utubers make it look.  I have made 6 of them so I can pretty much whip one up in about 2hours now.  The first one was intimidating and after that it was all good.  When I move I'm going to use the same concept and some inexpensive wood so I can paint them and decorate them.   This is my#1 DIY Fave:

Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:06am
Love it.

eta, The setup in op.

Edited by PurplePhase - Feb 06 2014 at 8:08am
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:11am
Brushes!  This thing is usually 40% off at Michaels so around $25 I think.  I love, love, love this because it eliminated a lot of space that I needed on my vanity top.   Mine is filled with Walmart popcorn (88 cents per bag!)

Rotates 360 degrees.

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Feb 06 2014 at 8:12am
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:11am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Does anyone have a makeup Vanity...if so any DIY ideas?

Pinterest has tons.....the one in the video is actually pretty cheap its made from pieces carried by Ikea and you just make it how you want......Ill post some pics.

Thanks SandraStar
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Sooooooo that's too much stuffEmbarrassed

I probably have a bit more nail polish than that because that's my main addiction.
I have a lot of make-up brushes because I tend to pick them up when I see what I like
I have a lot of eyeshadows (they are ALL depotted and in Z-Palettes) because they take up a LOT of space otherwise. 
Not too much lipstick but prob more than I can use
Lots of glosses
Way too damn much of er'thang

I refuse to spend a lot of money on each item but at the end of the day I have more than I can use before it goes bad.  Its more of a hobby/obsession to be honest

I do have a "girl cave" that is a combination walk-in closet, hair/wig storage, vanity, nail station and lots of storage.  I love it and can spend hours and hours in there just playing around with colors, styles, etc.  It is a bit of an escape / me time.  My family uses it as well because I have a huge mirror, lighting and all the hair care products in the house in thereLOL

However - Nobody NEEDS this much sh*t.  I barely ever wore make-up/nail polish for most of my life and once I was settled and had less going on I lost my damn mind (past 3yrs) Proceed with cautionLOL

Most of my stuff is DIY (I like to make stuff).

MsBMW - Can you give an example of what you need from your vanity and what you need to store?  I have lots of super inexpensive solutions that I love.

I love this topic obviously.   I'll post some of the DIY stuff I found on You-Tube that helped me get organized. 

I was thinking something like this with lights..sorry I get confused on how to post pics..

http://beautyunboxed.com/post/33204976327/roundup-awesome-vanities-and-makeup-tables 
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Brushes!  This thing is usually 40% off at Michaels so around $25 I think.  I love, love, love this because it eliminated a lot of space that I needed on my vanity top.   Mine is filled with Walmart popcorn (88 cents per bag!)

Rotates 360 degrees.

Clap this is awesome I was just in Michaels what section did you find this in?
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:26am

I was thinking something like this with lights..sorry I get confused on how to post pics..

http://beautyunboxed.com/post/33204976327/roundup-awesome-vanities-and-makeup-tables 

Wow those are beautiful!!!  I really love the ones with the see through tops.

Honestly you can make a vanity out of ANY tabletop.  I started with a work desk I wasn't using anymore.  It was a nice size to start and I used empty boxes to create tiers.   Sometimes I cover them with decorative duct tape.  I have a few of those decorative storage boxes to stack or place them to create prettier "shelves" but for the most part I used amazon and drugstore.com shipping boxes.   And wicker baskets have been great for hair products. 

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:31am
That's actually really good use of those ice trays. I honestly didn't even recognize them as ice trays til she said something.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:33am

Clap this is awesome I was just in Michaels what section did you find this in?

I usually find this near the crafters storage area.  There is one other department in the store where they keep them I don't remember what the section was.  The best ideas I find end up being something that was originally made for / by craftersLOL

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:37am
And the dollar store is a vanity makers friend.  Especially for containers, glass and acrylic storage stuff and even beads. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic