Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedMaintaining Yaki straight Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
makdis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintaining Yaki straight Hair?
    Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 5:34pm
Hi ladies please can u please help me with my yaki straight hair, how are u maintaining your straight yaki hair? what products do u put in the hair to keep it looking straight and tangle free. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

nadia007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 5:39pm

The least product the better, i just use a biolage leave in conditiner concentrating on the ends of the hair , put in one braid for the night and tie in a silk scarf. i hot curl mine once every 3 days and my curls really hold. too much product will weigh yaki hair down. hope this helps

AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 10:47am

I keep it conditioned.  I flat iron it once with a quality ceramic iron once before installing it.  I wrap it at night to keep it as bone straight as possible.  If the hair begins to feel dry I WILL put a dime sized amount of SILKY SEXY HAIR...  or some silking smooth serum to polish the hair.

Sometimes I might spray a tiny bit of KMS sheen on the hair...it's ultra light and you only need a small amount.
qast2008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 12:27pm
l think l am flat ironing my hair too much. l try to pin curl it at night but when l wake up it is all over the place.  l will try the braid it seeing l like to wear it curly/wavy.
FLLWLover View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 12:33pm
I do braid it at night for a wavy look, but otherwise I don't do anything else to the hair. No heat or as little as possible. (I have thrown some hot curlers in there) - otherwise I put a leave in moisturizer about 1x/wk & it stays soft. I know that black hair products don't always work & way the hair down BUT --- I LOVE MOTIONS LIGHT MOISTURIZER. Use a quarter sized dollop with a dime sized amount of biosilk, mix in hands & then run through your yaki, it's like you just got a fresh perm......Thumbs%20Up

edited: I have never flat ironed my yaki though, I've never needed to, I just do as above & brush & the hair lays flat, silky & straight.  Everyone (who has seen me cut all my hair off & short a baldie for about a month) in September has seemed to forgotten now, I get the "your hair is so nice, I can't get my perms to lay like that"

Edited by FLLWLover - Mar 27 2008 at 12:35pm
Addicted View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 12:46pm
I put rollers in mine once in awhile with only water as a setting lotion and let it dry over night. I hardly ever use any product on it, I wrap it with a little water at night to get  a very straight look and thats it. When it gets dry I bleach bath, wash & conditioner, put a dime size amount of pure shea butter and let it air dry. No heat ever cause heat seems to dry the crap out of my yaki unit. Too much product weights the hair down.

Edited by Addicted - Mar 27 2008 at 12:51pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic