Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Maia Campbell's gonna be on Iyanla Fix My Life ton
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Maia Campbell's gonna be on Iyanla Fix My Life ton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 11:51pm
Either she needs new meds or she not a very emotional person
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 12:00am
I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:17am
I was glad to see her.  I hope she does better in life.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:41pm
I watch today - very sad and she has a beautiful daughter. she kept saying kids I thought she had only 1??
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:54pm
from tumblr
Open Letter to Iyanla Vanzant

Dear Iyanla,

Hey girl hey. You know, when Oprah crowned you the real life Rafiki I must confess that I was here for it. What you said made a lot of sense, and in your own sista girl way you really seemed to be touching lives. I’m all for telling it like it is when you know what you’re talking about and you seem to know what you’re talking about except of course when it comes to romantic relationships cuz your ass is nice and divorced.

Then you went and did this dumb sh*t (I’m new at this whole…mixed media posting thing so copy and paste the link in your browser)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6gm2_iyanla-fix-my-life-actress-maia-campbell-full-episode_shortfilms

I must say, it made me want to kick your lime green kitten heeled ass and send you back to junior college. Really. What degrees or certifications do you have to support all these exercises you had Maia doing? What part of the DSMIV is this?! She is not some run of the mill drug addict. The woman is diagnosed bipolar and is living in a facility that helps her manage her life. Bi-polar is not just a PART of the problem. Bi-polar is the axis on which her life rotates. All of her issues stem from her mental illness. A mental illness that you have no experience in dealing with or treating. What you did to that woman was irresponsible and DANGEROUS.

There is a reason people have to become licensed to do the work that you haphazardly began to dismantle. And I say dismantle because you tried to force her to feel. You tried to force her bent mind back into its darkest corners so that you could get the reaction you wanted, needed even, for ratings. Or maybe just for your own ego. Who the hell knows. 

Now, I don’t want you to think I’m talking out of the side of my neck. Everyone can’t make a career out of that like you have. I am speaking from the perspective of a woman who deals daily with the disease you exploited. How do you think it made me feel to hear you tell her she went from “Sitcom to psych ward” as if one was heaven and the other is hell, and never should they ever go together? These are all pieces of her. You do not dismiss one piece and exalt the other. What she needs to do now is focus on her future. For us, the road is long and hard and filled with more mistakes and missteps than your one hour show could ever fix. Thank GOD she was medicated because showing her those pictures of herself was enough to trigger a manic or depressive episode. I know because I’ve had manic and depressive episodes. And unlike you, I know enough to know you don’t with the stability of a person just cuz you can. 

This probably sounds like a bunch of pointless rambling to you, and if so, GOOD. That means you know how I felt watching you attempt to “fix” Maia’s life last night.  You ain’t say sh*t, you ain’t do sh*t, then had the unmitigated gall to give a Jerry Springer-esque final thought as if you had some how impacted something other than your own self-righteous ass. Girl, have SEVERAL SEATS. 

Yours in self-verified home spun wisdom,

Elle

Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:07pm
^^^ Wow I thought what Iyanla was doing was for her to understand about her drug addiction and how she hurt her family by doing drugs.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

from tumblr
Open Letter to Iyanla Vanzant

Dear Iyanla,

Hey girl hey. You know, when Oprah crowned you the real life Rafiki I must confess that I was here for it. What you said made a lot of sense, and in your own sista girl way you really seemed to be touching lives. I’m all for telling it like it is when you know what you’re talking about and you seem to know what you’re talking about except of course when it comes to romantic relationships cuz your ass is nice and divorced.

Then you went and did this dumb sh*t (I’m new at this whole…mixed media posting thing so copy and paste the link in your browser)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6gm2_iyanla-fix-my-life-actress-maia-campbell-full-episode_shortfilms

I must say, it made me want to kick your lime green kitten heeled ass and send you back to junior college. Really. What degrees or certifications do you have to support all these exercises you had Maia doing? What part of the DSMIV is this?! She is not some run of the mill drug addict. The woman is diagnosed bipolar and is living in a facility that helps her manage her life. Bi-polar is not just a PART of the problem. Bi-polar is the axis on which her life rotates. All of her issues stem from her mental illness. A mental illness that you have no experience in dealing with or treating. What you did to that woman was irresponsible and DANGEROUS.

There is a reason people have to become licensed to do the work that you haphazardly began to dismantle. And I say dismantle because you tried to force her to feel. You tried to force her bent mind back into its darkest corners so that you could get the reaction you wanted, needed even, for ratings. Or maybe just for your own ego. Who the hell knows. 

Now, I don’t want you to think I’m talking out of the side of my neck. Everyone can’t make a career out of that like you have. I am speaking from the perspective of a woman who deals daily with the disease you exploited. How do you think it made me feel to hear you tell her she went from “Sitcom to psych ward” as if one was heaven and the other is hell, and never should they ever go together? These are all pieces of her. You do not dismiss one piece and exalt the other. What she needs to do now is focus on her future. For us, the road is long and hard and filled with more mistakes and missteps than your one hour show could ever fix. Thank GOD she was medicated because showing her those pictures of herself was enough to trigger a manic or depressive episode. I know because I’ve had manic and depressive episodes. And unlike you, I know enough to know you don’t with the stability of a person just cuz you can. 

This probably sounds like a bunch of pointless rambling to you, and if so, GOOD. That means you know how I felt watching you attempt to “fix” Maia’s life last night.  You ain’t say sh*t, you ain’t do sh*t, then had the unmitigated gall to give a Jerry Springer-esque final thought as if you had some how impacted something other than your own self-righteous ass. Girl, have SEVERAL SEATS. 

Yours in self-verified home spun wisdom,

Elle

woooow!  I am gonna have to agree with this person's comments...It seem like she kept making maia take blame for things as if she did it with intent she has a mental illness which makes her have poor judgement and bad decisions.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:15pm
i died at little inside @ real life rafiki
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:18pm
I found a video of it online since I don't have OWN. You all make me not want to watch it :(
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:31pm
watching now. the tough love approach isnt for everybody
it isnt all YOU did this, take responsibility, when you have a mental disorder
she didnt just make poor choices, her disease made some of those choices for her

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Nov 19 2012 at 10:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic