How to Play:
in its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).
A visual representation: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
- Votes will be in this form: Vote:Coconess
- You are allowed to change your vote: but please don't edit. Make another post saying Vote: Change from Coconess to k-camille
- If you dont change your vote in the correct format your prior vote will be counted. If you dont change in the correct format it is difficult because when im tallying id have to go back and see who you voted for prior. Please tell me who you are changing from.
- If you miss 2 votes you are out of the game
- No posting at Night. I will tell you when its Night.. if you post at night you will lose your vote for the day. (3 minute grace period)
- If I send you a PM you are Mafia (and I will tell you who the other Mafia is). Or you may be a special role, i will let you know) If you don't get a PM by the start of the game you are a civilian/townie
- No posting PM's
- Once you are dead you can no longer post. (there will be an afterlife thread for commentators)
- Since most of the players are from east coast of USA, we will be working on that time zone.
- Follow the game rules posted in the link.
Anyone else who would like to play has until 1 est. to sign up. this is not a definite list.
2. Sang froid
10 reg townies
Cop - The Cop is a role that has the ability to investigate players at Night to discern their alignment.
Roleblocker - A Roleblocker chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action. The target's night action will not be performed -- that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working.
We'll play in 2 hour increments for day (day: when people discuss who to kill) and 1 hour for night (mafia's time to discuss who they would like to kill, no posting in thread!)
(pacific time - 1pm-3pm)
6pm - 7pm
(pacific time - 3pm - 4pm)
7pm - 9pm
(pacific time - 4pm - 6pm)
9pm - 10pm
(pacific time - 6pm - 7pm)
(let me know if you'd rather have 3 hours for day guys)
Edited by coconess - Feb 01 2014 at 6:24pm