Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Madonna The Freedom Fighter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madonna The Freedom Fighter
    Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:57pm

Madonna Introduces coochie Riot, But Not Before Delivering A Speech About Herself, Calling Herself A ‘Freedom Fighter’

Yes, seriously

AP:

Live from NYC Madonna and coochie Riot shared the stage and spoke with passion about human rights issues at the Amnesty International Bringing Human Rights Home concert in Brooklyn last night.

Madonna told the crowd of thousands that she received death threats for standing up for coochie Riot, the Russian protest punk band, when two of its members were arrested for hooliganism after staging a protest in a Russian church in 2012.

"The right to be free, to speak our minds, to have an opinion, to love who we want to love, to be who we are - do we have to fight for that?" she said, answering her own question with an expletive.

"I’ve always considered myself a freedom fighter since the early ’80s when I realized I had a voice and I could sing more than songs about being a material girl or feeling like a virgin. And I have definitely paid for and have been punished for speaking my mind and for sticking my neck out for this kind of discrimination. But that’s OK."

Madonna introduced Maria Alekhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, who were released from prison in December and made their first public appearance in the U.S. on Tuesday.

This is totally reminiscent of Madonna’s 2009 VMA eulogy for Michael Jackson Madonna:

"Michael Jackson was born in August, 1958. so was I. Michael Jackson grew up in the suburbs of the Midwest. So did I. Michael Jackson had eight brothers and sisters. So do I. When Michael Jackson was 6 he became a superstar and was perhaps the world’s most beloved child. When I was 6 my mother died. I think he got the shorter end of the stick.

I never had a mother, but he never had a childhood. And when you never get to have something, you become obsessed by it. I spent my childhood searching for my mother figures; sometimes I was successful. But how do you recreate your childhood when you are under the magnifying glass of the world for your entire life?”

http://www.eatbloganddie.com/post/75817119652/madonna-introduces-coochie-riot-but-not-before

Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:03pm
Shut up you old racist narcissistic saggy bish.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:03pm
Girl....
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:05pm
as much as i love madonna, this:
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:17pm
Freedom Fighter

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:04am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:04am
old hag
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:17am
I'm so over yt ppl, can we just stop talking about them?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:41am
I've been a fan of Esther for a long time but come on. She sang songs that dealt with some issues and she did have a platform in the 90's and 2000's I'm sure but I've never seen her in the trenches with Sean Penn or getting arrested with George Clooney.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 08 2014 at 12:41am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:04am
Every time I hear about Madonna, I think about what Sade said regarding her
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>