Perfect Hair Collection

Madagascan "Slaves" in the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madagascan "Slaves" in the Middle East
    Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:41pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/30/slaves-in-the-gulf-malagasy-women-lured-to-middle-east/

‘Slaves’ in the Gulf: Malagasy women lured to Middle East

By Agence France-Presse
Germaine-Odile-Rajanoro,-stands-in-front-of-the-SPDTS-office-in-Antananarivo-on-July-23,-2014-(AFP-Photo_Rijasolo)
Malagasy mother Solange left the island in 2013 eager to work as a domestic servant in Saudi Arabia and earn a better living for her family. Less than a year later she was dead, her body flown home to a husband asking questions about her slave-like work conditions in the Middle East.

“During our last phone call she said ‘I don’t know where I am, nor the address. Soon I won’t be with you anymore, take care of our two children,’ ” Herinirina told AFP while waiting for his wife’s remains to arrive at the Antananarivo airport.

Her death was attributed to a heart attack and “the will of God”, according to Saudi authorities, said Herinirina, who did not want his family name published.

His 34-year-old wife was one of many women from Madagascar who face horrific working conditions while earning a pittance, having travelled to the Middle East through recruitment agencies.

“They treated me like a slave, like a dog. My boss told me: ‘You domestic workers are rubbish to us,’” said 20-year-old Annick, who escaped Kuwait to return home.

“My boss threw Clorox (a household product) and acid in my eyes,” said Zitale Nirina, 39.

“I told his wife that I needed to go to hospital, but she wouldn’t let me and told me to work whether I liked it or not, sick or not,” Nirina told AFP.

“I started work at 6:00 am, had lunch at 3:00 pm and went to bed only at 2:00 am.”

- ‘Human trafficking’ -

The abuse is not limited to women from the Indian Ocean island.

“Madagascar is one example among others in Africa,” said International Labour Organisation (ILO) spokesman Hans von Rohland from Geneva.

“A recent ILO report on Ethiopia showed a lot of trafficking of Ethiopians to the Middle East and Sudan.”

Rights groups also regularly denounce abuse and even torture of impoverished women from Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Nepal who work as maids in Gulf countries.

Typically, recruitment agencies enlist women from poorer countries and take a cut of their pay.

The system has been operating for about 15 years in Madagascar, but the government decided last year to block sending its women to “risk countries”.

Out of 52 recruitment agencies AFP contacted, 21 have closed down, but eight still offer work opportunities in blacklisted countries.

One agent who proposes work trips to Lebanon told AFP “the bosses are kind”.

The country’s labour ministry says international trafficking networks are keeping up the practise.

“An agency here in Madagascar is in contact with another one, say, in Saudi Arabia. Then the two divide the profits,” said the ministry’s director-general Samuelson Ramanitriniony.

“It’s human trafficking pure and simple.”

But the problem reaches up to the corridors of power, and people within his own ministry are implicated or even own such recruitment agencies, Ramanitriniony acknowledged.

With nine out of 10 Malagasies living under the poverty line, the trade finds many willing applicants.

Every week, up to 30 maids return to Madagascar, some without any Luggage. Many arrive after spending time in prison, because they are arrested after fleeing the homes where they work, according to social workers’ union SPDTS.

The group estimates that at least 35 women have died, though no official figure exists.

A family in the Gulf pays out about $3,400 to hire a maid, though some of these employees receive as little as $200 a month, said SPDTS’s Norotiana Jeannoda.

The ILO believes families save around $8 billion a year by cheating their maids out of their salaries.

“We estimate that the domestic workers who do forced labour get on average 40 percent of the salary owed to them,” said the ILO’s Rohland.

Saudi Arabia last year passed new rules that grant maids one day rest a week and guarantee the payment of their salaries.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Aug 26 2014 at 1:43pm
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:03pm

I have to say I don't understand why people keep running the risk of going over there to work as domestic workers though, despite the poverty. The abuses have been well documented by now. So many east African and Filipino maids have been horrifically abused or murdered already,
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:09pm
I can't with these people

Saudi man is trying to sell his ‘castrated black African slave’ on Arab version of Facebook

The black slave trade is alive and well in Saudi Arabia, a place where one can still visit the seventh century, and not be in a museum.

Tundra Tabloids (h/t Susan K)

d7842be0d773e847ded3d31cac71d5cd_1M.png

There has been many posts and stories about the ongoing African slave trade in Arab Muslim countries that seems to go unnoticed by the UN and most of the world. If the video first person accounts by former slaves didn’t convince you, here is an ad that was recently placed by a Saudi at Facebook:

Saudi-slavery-online-sale-of-black-african-muslim

ABDUL FOR SALE: Castrated black African slave

The Arabic blogger at Basees.blogspot has the following Google translation of the above ad:

I saw this ad on facebook and have no confirmed validity of the publication, but it seems to me that it is real. This site link is advertising it and although removed from the site, the ad was title: “Slave for sale (very special)” still exist in the top of the page and prove that he really is Matrouh.

رأيت هذا الإعلان منشور على الفيسبوك ولاأعرف مدى صحته، ولكنه يبدو لي بأنه حقيقي. وهذا رابط موقع الإعلان – إضغط هـنـا – ورغم إزالته من الموقع الآن، إلاّ أن عنوان الإعلان: “رقاقة للبيع (خاصة جداً)” لايزال موجود في أعلى الصفحة ويثبت أنه كان مطروح فعلاً.

لايوجد أي أساس لإنكار هذا الإعلان وتكذيبه، فالرق مشروع في الإسلام ولايحده زمان أو مكان. ولاشك بأنه لايزال يمارس بحكم شرعيته، بل يطالب البعض جهاراً نهاراً بإرجاعه – إضغط هـنـا وهـنـا – من قبل هؤلاء الذين لاتأخذهم في إلههم وشرائعه لومة لائم.

The ad:

Peace be upon you …

I have a [male] slave I bought from an African country and arranged for his visa and stay till I got him to Saudi [Arabia]

His description:

1 – Black skin. Tall 172 sm. Weight 60 kilos.
2 – Castrated (excellent for working with a family as he won’t rape your wife or children). You can check him out with a doctor or yourself if you have experience in the matter.
3 – [His] health is quite undamaged and has no imperfections.
4 – Age 26 years.
5 – Religion is Muslim and [he is] obedient and will not disobey you except in what displeases God. Please, the matter is very serious and is not a joke.

No it’s not a joke. Saudi Arabia had an estimated 300,000 slaves in 1960. Slavery was then officially abolished, but unofficially continues to exist.

Saudis who travel outside their country sometimes bring their slaves with them, leading to run-ins with the law. One of the ugliest such incidents was the murder of a slave by a Saudi prince in London.

The court had heard that the murder of Abdulaziz was the final act in a “deeply abusive” master-servant relationship in which the prince carried out frequent attacks on his aide “for his own personal gratification”.

Jurors were told that by the early hours of 15 February, Abdulaziz was so worn down and injured – having suffered a “cauliflower” ear and swollen eye from previous assaults – that he let Saud kill him without a fight.

Saud tried to cover up the true nature of his relationship with his servant, claiming they were “friends and equals”, but a porter at the Marylebone hotel where they had stayed said Abdulaziz was treated “like a slave”.

If progressives really cared about racism and sexism, they would take a hard look at the Muslim world. But of course, they don’t.

The slave owner has also posted links to clerics and Koran experts who clarify that slaves and sex slaves is perfectly legal in Islam and in accordance to Sharia:

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 26 2014 at 2:11pm
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I have to say I don't understand why people keep running the risk of going over there to work as domestic workers though, despite the poverty. The abuses have been well documented by now. So many east African and Filipino maids have been horrifically abused or murdered already,
im telling you. I hear such horrid stories about the treatment of domestic workers in saudi. It disgusts me the way the arabs will treat some of these people.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:10pm
some arabs and white people...it's hard for me not to think they're cut from the same oppressive, colonialist cloth

...I'm sorry I know they're also poc but man lemme stop....Pinch
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

some arabs and white people...it's hard for me not to think they're cut from the same oppressive, colonialist cloth

...I'm sorry I know they're also poc but man lemme stop....Pinch

No need to stop, Cherry. The Arabs had a slave trade as well and it started centuries before the Europeans. Just because they are people of colour means nothing.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:36pm
Europeans got their idea for enslaving Blacks from the Arabs

If you haven't done so already, I suggest yall check out the movie "I Am Slave"
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 3:21pm
thanks alias, I'll check out that film when I get time...never heard about it beforeThumbs Up
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:42pm
We need to do something
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style