FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mad Men: The Final Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mad Men: The Final Season
    Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:36pm
Who will be watching? First part of final season starts tonight:

‘Mad Men’: 5 Things To Remember Before The Season 7 Premiere

Before the last season premiere of AMC’s prestigious, whiskey-swilling series airs on April 13 at 10 pm ET, find out where we left Don Draper and the rest of his tailored suit-wearing peers.

It’s been nearly ten months since Don Draper (Jon Hamm) revealed where he really grew up (in a whorehouse) to his kids while Joni Mitchell‘s “Both Sides Now” played out the Season 6 finale. That’s right – ten months. So we’ll forgive you if you’re a little fuzzy on where Mad Men left all those lovable, dysfunctional ad execs and their wives, girlfriends and boyfriends. Lucky for you, we’ve got this trusty cheat sheet so that you’re all ready to go when Mad Men‘s seventh and final season premieres on Sunday, April 13, at 10 pm ET.

‘Mad Men’ Season 7 Premiere: Things To Remember

1. The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same?

Season 6 ended with one of the biggest gamechangers yet — amidst shoddy work and serious warning flags of alcoholism, Don was asked by the other partners of SC&P to take a leave of absence. And when he bumped into Lou Avery (Allan Havey), a rival creative director, it was clear that the partners intended that leave be more indefinite than Don hoped. Exiling Don from his natural habitat — the ad agency – is one of the boldest moves Mad Men has ever made, and based on Don’s reaction — the aforementioned unveiling of his childhood — it really seemed to shake him back to life. However, Don takes to change like Pete Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser) takes to marriage, so it’ll be interesting to see if the once-great creative genius has actually reversed his downward trend.

2. Go West, Young Men

Mad Men has always featured some incredible episodes from the West Coast, but last season was when the shift from NYC to LA gained real steam. With SC&P opening an outpost in sunny California, Don initially leapt at the opportunity (*cough* stole the idea from Stan *cough*) until Ted Chaough (Kevin Rahm) begged Don for the job, so as to save himself from his Peggy (Elizabeth Moss) obsession. Don’s wife Megan (Jessica Pare) also fled for Hollywood, though she didn’t really have a choice after she prematurely quit her soap opera gig and was killed off. It’s unclear whether Don, who suddenly found himself with a ton of free time by season’s end, will follow her, or if he’ll “be alone. With [his] liquor and [his] ex-wife and [his] screwed up kids” (Megan’s words, not ours).

3. Someone Embraced The Sixties More Than Others

That someone is Roger Sterling (John Slattery). One of the eldest partners at SC&P, Roger famously experienced the eye-opening pleasures of LSD for the first time in “Far Away Places” in Season 5. He then brought a completely new personal outlook to Season 6. And with the most psychedelic part of the Sixties approaching, don’t forget about how quickly Roger took to being a flower child.

4. “Aren’t You Lucky — To Have Decisions”

Poor Peggy. As we mentioned before, Ted flew 3,000 miles across the country at the end of Season 6 so that he wouldn’t be tempted to leave his family for her. And then he had the nerve to act like he was a hero for ending their affair, as if he was making a life-saving decision for the both of them. To which Peggy delivered a scalding line that succinctly wrapped up gender relations in the Sixties: “Well aren’t you lucky — to have decisions.” It was as triumphant a moment as Peggy could have had, considering the circumstances, but sadly the end result is that she’s now completely back to square one and completely alone.

5. What’s Up With Pete Campbell?

Pete was basically laughed out of Detroit when Bob Benson (James Wolk) tricked him into publicly shaming himself in front of a bunch of GM executives… because old Petey couldn’t drive a stick, a big no-no for car guys. Utterly defeated, Pete went back to New York and dropped in on his ex-wife Trudy (Alison Brie) and their daughter. While there, Trudy opened Pete’s eyes to the incredible openness of his future (even though the way he got there was less than reputable) — newly divorced, and free of the clutches of his mother, who died in a horrible cruise accident, Pete was tied down to absolutely nothing. He could go anywhere and do anything, and only have to think about himself. Refreshed, Pete packed up and headed to Los Angeles. I know we’ll see a further receding hairline in Season 7, but will we see a new man underneath it?

What do YOU think is in store for Season 7 of Mad MenHollywoodLifers? Let us know!

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:43pm
ugh, i hate 70's clothes.  i miss the season 1 & 2 fashions.  

I've read rumors that we will get to see all of them in present day, at least the ones that would still be alive.  i hope that's true.  

I feel like either Megan or Sally will be associated with the Charles Manson murders but most likely Megan since she's already in L.A.

Pete is going to commit suicide since he likes playing with guns.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:49pm
LOL, i had hoped the series would end on Dec 31st 1969 so that we dont get into the 70'S...but with the TWA promo pics & cast wardrobe they are pushing, its going into the 70's Disapprove

I'll have to catch up on Season 6 finale this afternoon to get ready
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:08pm
Roger living it up
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:21pm
I'll prob watch it tomorrow.

Im leaning towards Megan BC she fits the Sharon Tate profile, but I also think there is a chance she could commit suicide. I want to see more Sally and Glen. Glen seems like the kind that would join a cult and Sally would follow.

I would love to see more of Dawn and more black ppl in general, bit udl if that will happen.

Sometimes I hate this show BC there are never any spoilers and I love spoilers.
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:24pm
I'll be watching
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:28pm
Pete's hairline runs from him each year Cry
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:00pm
aah Don pulling the strings behind the scenes through his mouthpiece all along LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:08pm
Didn't they have a black Exec at one time? What happened to him?

Yeah...the 70's gear I don't love as much.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:14am
we need to talk about this.

I'm confused and resenting the direction of the show a bit.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic