Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Computers!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedMacBook Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mzbritt View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: MacBook Pro
    Posted: Aug 24 2011 at 11:02am
I'm really interested in buying a MacBook Pro next week and was wondering what makes them so much better than Windows? I have an HP and I love it but I want to step my technology game up.
Sponsored Links

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 6:48pm
Mac OSX just has less issues overall.
Less freezing, less errors, less popups, less everything.
If you are using it for school then I recommend the 13in. It is very lightweight and portable, yet has all the features that make macs great.

If you are enjoying your HP though, then I'd recommend to just keep using that one. No use in buying a new computer if you don't really need one.

FYI, you can get $100 off if you're a  student, just bring your student ID to the store when you make your purchase.

eta: i've had a macbook for the past 3 years (13in macbook pro 2.7ghz) and i love it. My s/o got me the new 27" quad core iMac. I am in love with it as well.

Edited by leftywefty - Aug 26 2011 at 6:50pm
mzbritt View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 12:50am
I love my laptop...but it is so big and bulky....17in and its heavy, making it harder to carry discreetly to class. I've always wanted a Mac so I think I may go ahead and purchase the 15in...the 13in screen is a bit small for my liking.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2011 at 8:17pm
If weight is an issue you might want to try the Macbook Air.  the downside is that it has no cd drive which I personally can't do but it would be great if that's not an issue for you.
GnyseGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 9:47pm
I totally had the same question. I'm leaning toward the "15 Pro as well. My VIAO has done it's job well but it's time to retire. I got it in 2005 and it's still kickin. However it's age is now starting to show with the advancements in HD, video editing and graphics (which I do a lot of)... It just can't keep up or run the latest software without dragging ass and crashing.

The only thing that's stopping me from taking the plunge with the Mac is the sneaking suspicion that that extra money you're paying is sheerly to cover the marketing and advertising expense.

A windows laptop with 4GB of ram 500GB of memory and a i5 processor is about 20-30% less than the Macbook with the same thing in it. Am I just paying that extra for a light-up key board, HD web cam, and imovie? Or could I possibly be getting more than that?

One feature I do like is the lack of extra shyt that can break off and get flimzy on you. The DVD-drive on my VIAO Got so floppy it broke and we don't even want to talk about the power cord that wobbles and falls out or the USB ports and the latch. I like the fact the Mac doesn't have anything extra that can break off or loosen up on you.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 1:12pm
Also, you will spend less on OS upgrades on a mac.
mzbritt View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 1:35pm
I ended up getting the 15 in MacBook Pro and I'm glad I purchased it. I've had it for about a month and a half and have not run into any problems and it is so much lighter than my HP laptop.
MsJennifer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by mzbritt mzbritt wrote:

I ended up getting the 15 in MacBook Pro and I'm glad I purchased it. I've had it for about a month and a half and have not run into any problems and it is so much lighter than my HP laptop.

I just purchased a 13-inch yesterday and I'm in love! But I'm still learning how to use it lol...
mzbritt View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by MsJennifer MsJennifer wrote:

Originally posted by mzbritt mzbritt wrote:

I just purchased a 13-inch yesterday and I'm in love! But I'm still learning how to use it lol...

I'm glad you love it!! It won't be to hard to get use to.
karkar28 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 5:24pm
i just bought my first mac laptop a few weeks ago and i absolutely love it!
its the macbook pro 13"....it makes using a laptop fun to use...the features are all that... its a little frustrating at first to get used to all of the different commands bc it is different from a windows based computer but once u get the hang of it it's amazing. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic