Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lusters SCurl 360 Stylin Multi-Look Blow Out Kit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedLusters SCurl 360 Stylin Multi-Look Blow Out Kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
twilightpetal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lusters SCurl 360 Stylin Multi-Look Blow Out Kit
    Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 2:20pm
Anyone ever tried this product?
I've been natural for some time now. 
 Usually I just braid it up with wave switch extentions when I begin to struggle with it. Now, my hair has gotten long enough to where I'm comfortanle with it. It's just that I dread washing my hair for the fear of pulling it out trying to comb through it.
I usually end up with lots of hair on the comb after I've detangled all of it. And then 30 min later, it's tangled again...then back to combing it out with a lot of hair ending up on the floor.
So I figured if the only problem with my hair for me is getting a comb through it...why not try a texturizer like this one.
I don't want straight hair, I love my fro...just want to be able to comb it out and style it with out taking three hours.
Thanks for any responses.
Alicia Miranda
The Scent Of Art

Edited by twilightpetal - Aug 22 2007 at 2:30pm
Sponsored Links

MrsLisa12 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 3:47pm
HiSmile

My girlfriend's husband uses that product, it really made his hair easy to comb and he don't shed as much. I understand about type 4 hair, thick and easy to break just from combing. Good luck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 12:24am
Thanks for the reply....couldn't get that product in time.
I finally used Botanicals today. Did everthing by the book and I was just amazed at the transformation.

Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 5:40pm
your hair iss gorgeous twilight petal! im curous of what it looks like teturized. do you have pics?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 12:15am
Everything went so fast...had the timer set everything... I was so ito making sure I got it right that I didn't want to stop to take pics...sorry about that. I was nervous as could be just praying the whole time that it would come out right and that I didn't mess up.
I will get you pics...

Today is the second day having texturized hair for the first time.
I'm still playing around with it trying to figure out what to do with it, how to maintain styling it.

I can say though that I was completely blown away when I washed the tex and everything out at how curly and cute it was. Especially when I saw how much it had grown.
So I thought I could just wear it wet with the little moisturizer they give you in the box kit..... and let it air dry............WRONG!!!
It started poofin up and gettin super, super dry!
I didn't know what to think then.
 Surely I had made a mistake.
 So I went and immediately went and bought what I thought would help...some Activator Gel in a tub...
 I put some on as soon as I got back in the car with it and instantly it was back soft again. Whew!!!wipe the sweat from my brow! That was a close call!! It was moist again, started getting a good sheen, and started to look like it was curling back up in a good way.     Then I started thinking... do I have a jherri curl?! I mean this activator smells like I have a jherri curl!
I know I didn't do that.   or, Did I?

So when I got home, I mixed a few of my fragrance oil extracts in with the activator gel and was really happy with that. I even put some sweet almond oil in it.  (I make fragrance oils...manufacture them and sell them through my company  http://www.scent-of-art.com/sitebuilder/images/Misty_Heights_perfume_oil_The_Scent_Of_Art_2-469x432.jpg ...so now I'm on some "making activator gel" trip hopefully I'll come up with a good product because I'm really turned off by the smell of the activators...brings back old memories of another time and era...I think manufacturers of today have really missed a great market)
I can go on and on.

I'm just new at this...a former PRO Natural. So this was a big step I took...and I'm happy so far.
There was a lot of worry at first. I stared at the box for about three days before I decided to di it. But seriously, it looks like the hair I already had....natural longer and just looks like a better version of what my hair was. My man loves it.....how come I waited to do this?

Will get pics to you soon

Edited by twilightpetal - Aug 28 2007 at 12:19am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 3:42am
This was after a long day of wind and sun. Last night I had done a "braid out".
It looked a lot nicer earlier.
But believe me.... there is no comparison to what my hair would have looked like without the text. By this time at night I would have had to blowdry it out again just to be able to comb it out!
So...this is great for me that it looks this aceptable after many hours of play.
products used that night for the braid out: LA (long aid activator gel, with my favorite ...UltraSheen creme satin press sparingly)

Will send more pics soon

Edited by twilightpetal - Aug 28 2007 at 3:46am
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 3:51am
wow you maintained all of that thickness! im a bit jelous!Wink
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 5:58am
twilightpetal, your hair is simply amazing - so thick and long! I am sooo jealous too! LOL 
Romeosgirl81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 11:40pm
wow! your hair is so thick!!!!!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 1:41am
Thanks for all the positive feedback!! The support really helps.
I thank all of you for talking through this forum...it is much needed.
But believe me...it has been a long journey with my hair.
I wore it almost two years straight in braids.
I can't say enough about what a service it is for us to learn how to braid our own hair. I couldn't imagine those years going without them when my hair was just being ruthless with me. Being able to braid it up really helped...and saved so much money in hair products, worries, salon visits and just the braids by themselves.
I never could french braid, but I knew how to make singles and just ran with that.
But those two years gave it time to grow. This time when I took them out, I found myself okay with my hair for the first time in a long time. The length was good enough....then after about a week of blow drying night and day, getting cauhght out in the rainy mist that's here all the time in Washington.....it began to be too much....so thanks so much for the texturizer advice.
Almost a week and going good so far.

I have new pics to show!!....
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic