BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Health Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lupus: My Story (LONG)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

Author
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 1:12pm
I hope you're doing well dear. Keep fighting!
Sponsored Links

DolphinLuver61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DolphinLuver61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 5:31pm
I can very well relate to your story. I also have Lupus & Fibromyalgia.  Over 13 yrs ago I was dx with Firbo,  I had no clue what was going on with me, I was experiencing constant pain, fatigue. Finally I went too my Primary Care and was referred to Rheumatology, which I had 14 out of the 18 tender points. I was on numerous pain medications, also I went through aquatic therapy. During all of this I also lost the majority of my hair, which was very disturbing so I made a decision to try hair weaves, and fro there I've also tried lace fronts, so I switch off and do both at the present.
Not many people understand what Autoimmune Disorders can do to one's self esteem, However, once I not only educated myself, and accpted my illnesses, I began to be an Advocate for thoe who suffer from Chronic Pain.
I'm so thankful that there's so many options for hair of various textures and I can wear any style, it's great and it makes me feel so much better within when I can get my hair done.

DolphinLuver61
supermodelsonya View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote supermodelsonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:53am
Update:

I no longer work due to my disease. I'm in a wheelchair almost all the time. I get rashes, I live on morphine IR and MS Contin. My nervous system has been affected and I almost lost my life May 14 when I went into respiratory arrest. Lupus is no joke but I'm still around. I wrote two books about my disease available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iBooks called Diary of A Sick Chick, year one and two. 

I'm getting married to a great guy but no date set yet and I'm much closer to my family. I take about thirty pills a day but I try to make the most out of life. 
bianhuakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bianhuakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 9:01pm
Want to buy good quality and cheap tablet you, please see our electronic products: myefox.com, will not let you down.

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 12:40pm
To all the ladies.....keep your head and spirits up.  I've never had this but I've had GB (Guliian Barre Syndrome) and my immune system attacked itself so I know first hand how that feels
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 9:30pm
My heart go out to all of you in pain from debilitating illness.

Keep the Faith.

Love and Prayers.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic