Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:13pm
Extra lovely.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:42am
I almost kissed my phone screen when I saw this on IG Heart

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 11:44am

Lupita Nyong’o Reveals ‘People’s Most Beautiful People’ Cover

Wed, Apr 23 2014 by Bitchie Staff Filed Under: Celebrities

Lupita Nyongo PEOPLE

First she takes home an Oscar on her first big film, then she snags a deal as the first black celebrity face of Lancôme Paris, and now Lupita Nyong’o's reign continues as the new cover girl for PEOPLE magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful” double issue.

Today, she revealed the flawless cover on The Today Show, while dishing on beauty and how her view of what is beautiful has changed. She also said the best compliments come when she’s not dressed to the nines, but has no makeup and uncombed hair.

Peep the highlights:

On the PEOPLE cover
It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.

What an incredible journey to go from that feeling to being on the cover of this magazine. I mean, you could have never told me that that would happen when I was 16 and insecure about my complexion.  I hope it means something to more than just me, to people like me who feel unbeautiful in whatever skin they’re in.

On what she used to think was beautiful
Light skin and long, flowing, straight hair. Subconsciously you start to appreciate those things more than what you possess.[...][My mother] always said I was beautiful and I finally believed her at some point.

On shaving her head bald
It was very strange and very cold! It was scary but I like to dare myself.

The best compliments
…when I have been called beautiful with not one drop of makeup on. And also before I comb my hair or put on a pretty dress. Happiness is the most important thing.

On something strange that’s happened since becoming famous
I was sitting, getting my haircut. Someone passed by and peered in and said, ‘You’re really beautiful,’ and I said, ‘Thank you.’ And he said, ‘You know that girl in 12 Years a Slave? That actress? You look just like her.’ I said, ‘Thank you so much. I was like, ‘That is an interesting scenario.’ But I liked that.

PEOPLE’s editorial director Jess Cagle said it was a no-brainer choosing Lupita because she’s “all the rage” right now.

She is fantastic. Obviously, she is the Oscar winner for 12 Years a Slave, raised in Kenya. She is the new celebrity ambassador for Lancôme Paris, along with Julia Roberts and Penélope Cruz. She’s kind of all the rage. There was really no contest this year. She seemed like the only choice. Usually there’s a lot of debate; this time, we were all in agreement. She’s obviously talented, obviously beautiful, she is incredibly stylish, but the way she carries herself with such grace and such humility, I think it’s what put her over the top.

I fell in love with her right before the Oscars when she gave a speech at the Essence Black Women in Hollywood luncheon, and she spoke really frankly about…having felt unbeautiful when she was a girl. And she would pray for lighter skin. She spoke really openly about her journey to embracing the way that she looked, and then ultimately realizing that physical beauty is not what sustains you,” Cagle added. “I just love her.”

Congrats Lupita!!!

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 11:47am
Slaypita!!! She looks cute as usual
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:04am
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:59pm
She's got the role!

Make This Money: Lupita Cast In New “Star Wars” Movie

WENN

WENN

I’m happy to report that Lupita’s career is showing no signs of slowing down. In addition to starring in the upcoming Jungle Book remake, coming out in 2015, Lupita Nyong’o is confirmed to participate in the new Star Wars film.

Though I hadn’t heard it, apparently,rumors have been swirling for weeks that Nyong’o was being considered for the role. 

And now it’s definitely going down.

Nyong’o will play a character named Asajj Ventress. Ventress, according to the Star Wars wikia site, (which I’ll try to translate) is a dark Jedi. Ventress was initially taken as a slave but then trained to be a Jedi. When her t trainers was killed Ventress was enraged and turned over to the “dark side,” taking her dead trainer’s lightsaber, killed all the warlords and electing herself as a ruler on the planet Rattatak.

So hopefully that means that we’ll get to see Lupita kick azz and take names. I’m personally here for it.

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:03pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:22pm
yaaaass!!!!!!! you better work Lupita
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:45pm
she looks so fly she killed this LOOK!!! YESSSSSSSSClapStar

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

April 28th, 2014
Fashion News, Snapshot, Sunglasses
Snapshot: Lupita Nyong’o for Miu Miu Eyewear
By Claire
Lupita Nyongo for miu miu eyewear

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:49pm
gotta give her credit..

stunninnnggg!!Clap

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Lupita Nyongo for miu miu eyewear

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training