BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 204>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

I'd like to go natural but like i said in another thread, im lazy as hell and i have a big head and i know my natural hair is thick. Im going to get annoyed with taking care of it properly.

I feel like for a lot of black women its a maintenance issue, not an antithetical one .

You may be right, I'm only speaking for myself. I know that I been wanted to go natural since like 2010/2011 and I started transitioning but I told my friend/coworker and she laughed and this guy said I would look like Kimberly Elise in some movie called Pride and she was like "okay just know if you go natural me and Ernest gon be clownin you." That really made me have second thoughts. That itself is not the reason I didn't finish transitioning. I gave up twice because I didn't know how to manage my hair. But once I started educating myself about it it became much easier but I still had doubts. My hair was getting really long and I didn't think I would be able to cut it off and I didn't want to regret it. I carried on for 13 months. But then I saw Betty Butt and I was like "Hol up, she didn't give a f*ck what no one thought of her so why should I? Is she more confident than I am??? And yes people still liked her even though she had dreads and a few ignorant people still said rude things about her hair, color, and body type but you have to realize...some things you cannot change. All the people you are putting on for may not like you anyway and if they really like you then it won't matter. And guess what, now the girl who said that (nothing against her, she's one of the realest bitches I know), her hair is still the same length both ours was back then and she is now messaging me on FB asking me what I use on my hair so she can try it on her daughter's hair.

I've had thoughts of cutting my hair to Lupita's length just to prove I can do it and still feel secure (not gonna do it though).

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 08 2014 at 8:23am
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:21am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

@eanaj a pic is missing

nvm I see

Well number one to me Beyonce is not a bad bish. What you see in the bottom pic is still 28 inches of blonde weave. You ain't gon never see Beyonce the way she really is. So when I look at Beyonce I don't see confidence, I see insecurity. She has lots of money and clothes and things and she has a lot of shallow and insecure people pumping her up, but deep down she knows she didn't wake up like that and she knows she doesn't think her natural state is up to par.

lol i knew u'd do that.LOL
 Dont focus on the fact that she's beyonce, just the concept of the clothing she is wearing in each pic.

*insert bad bish here* wearing a glamorous dress/outfit vs her wearing t-shirt and jeans. Why even wear the frilly dress if she still a bad bish in the plain attire?

Ummmm because it was a formal event maybe...?
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 9:05am
Staaaaaarrrr! The concept mami, the concept!
Perhaps the gown wasnt the best example but think a really nice piece-y outfit.
like this

Why go for this when an attractive woman will be just as attractive in a regular t-shirt and jeans?
Why all the details if its not adding or enhancing her beauty?

Edited by eanaj5 - Mar 08 2014 at 9:07am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 9:11am
The main problem I have with your argument is that you see blonde/straight/silky hair as an improvement. There is a difference between dressing something up and changing/covering it.

Some people may think weave makes them look better but it really doesn't look any better than well kept natural hair and most of the time it looks worse. (Straight) weave is not adding to your natural beauty, it's covering it. Does that answer you question? Why is weave (other races' hair) considered dressy but natural hair (afro hair) considered plain?

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 08 2014 at 9:11am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 9:23am
i was referring to the make up more so. But to answer you in the context of hair, I dont see silky/straight hair as an improvement, but as an option. Why limit yourself to one beautiful look when you can have many?
I feel that that is the beauty in black hair. Our styling options  are nearly limitless. Can a white woman rock a baldy and still be bad? I've only seen amber do it, but she has compensation. Can a indian woman rock a fro and still be bad? I've yet to see it. We're more than just our hair, word to india arie. We can do braids, straight, curly, picked out fros, almost anything and still be bad.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 9:32am
I guess...
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:22pm
I don't think I've ever agreed with you more

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Well number one to me Beyonce is not a bad bish. What you see in the bottom pic is still 28 inches of blonde weave. You ain't gon never see Beyonce the way she really is. So when I look at Beyonce I don't see confidence, I see insecurity. She has lots of money and clothes and things and she has a lot of shallow and insecure people pumping her up, but deep down she knows she didn't wake up like that and she knows she doesn't think her natural state is up to par.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:27pm
Well thank you, Alias, I needed that pick me up. LOL A nicca just got called ignorant by sang. That hurt! 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:32pm
Yall love a nice generalization. 
Alias ignorant as hell too.
Yall two peas in a damn pod.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:35pm
star, you dont see makeup the same way..? as far as not waking up like that and insecurity..? 
its still an enhancement.. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 204>