Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 204>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse] [QUOTE=naturesgift] [QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]

Being black there are women like her everywhere. So I think that's cause for confusion. She should be held as the rule for the many manifestations of black beuty but whites it seemed have just "discovered" that is what we look like. It's hard to argue that point without seeming like you're trying to take something away from her. But clearly the caricature of black womanhood in popular culture is pervasive enough to hold her as the exception rather than the rule.

Thank you Melikey..... You put my thoughts into words...
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Lupita has a s curl now so can we stop with the kinky hair praise. 

Hush dem lips.....She did a cherry lola treatment and her natural curl is just pronounced.

I'm doing the same thing and i'll get back to you guys with the results.Tongue

Okay bana I take it back Confused, she just put some coconut oil in it. Confused
do you think I dont get the whole big deal because I dont have kinky hair and im not dark??? 

I ain't say it was working on me yet. All I'm saying is she probably got some eco-styler in her mane like Destiny does.

Exactly. If you're a natural, you know this. There are techniques to get that look. Through stretching, gel, twist outs, curlformers...
come on now.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:08pm
What's hilarious to me is that the tropes and caricatures of African American women that people seem to hate so much are only visible because it's what Whites want to see from African American women

White people are bored by classy African Americans and those images don't feed their hurting egos
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:10pm

Edited by Rumbera - Mar 06 2014 at 1:12pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:22pm
Everyone isn't natural so why would everyone know this? I have a son who gets a haircut, and no nieces. I dont go on YT and watch videos about it and I may have been to the natural section once.

I was honestly joking about the s-curl, its not that serious to me.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:31pm
^This is a serious thread. Don't you dare make a joke about Lupita Stern Smile

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:37pm
it feels so weird reading about her being dissected down to the smallest of molecules. like second hand embarrassment or something. the thread is positive so no harm i guess. 

i wish her all the happiness and success in the world. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

it feels so weird reading about her being dissected down to the smallest of molecules. like second hand embarrassment or something. the thread is positive so no harm i guess. 

i wish her all the happiness and success in the world. 

Well, the longest female celebrity thread on this site is still for a white woman. .. i try not to read too much into page numbers.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 2:11pm
dang. really?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 2:19pm
*BHM rejoices (some of us)* LOL

Lupeto is not Happening! Lupita Nyong'o Dating Somali Rapper K'naan

Lupita Nyong’o has a man, and he’s not who everyone thinks he is.

On Monday, fresh off of her Oscar win, the exhausted actress was spotted arriving to Live With Michael and Kelly alongside Somali musician K’naan, who had a huge hit “Waving Flag” in 2010. The two have been huge supporters of each others’ careers with K’naan attending pre-awards functions to celebrate with Lupita, and she in return, has been bigging him up and saying how much she loves his music on her social media accounts. She was also spotted at his show at Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles on February 27, which she helped him promote. One attendee said Lupita was extremely cordial, but she couldn’t take photos because if she took one, she’d get stuck posing for pics all night and she wanted to enjoy the music.

The day after the Oscars, while paparazzi was waiting outside of Jared’s crib thinking they’d get a peek at Lupita, she was with her real boo who was holding on tight to her new Oscar. And you know, as hard as this woman works, she’s not just gonna let ANYBODY hold her award!

Source / Source

Also, the last time Lupita was starstruck:

Yes, Lupita! Stan for Poprah!

He seems like a good catch from what I've heard of him, and he's much better than those creepers Leto and Fassbender. Haters can leave.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 204>
  Share Topic