Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lupita N'yongo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Lupita N'yongo

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 207>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 75850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:09pm
I didn't understand shyt Alfre Woodard said.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 445586
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I think there is some truth in what is saying. However I don't know why they would think that McQueen's take would be "safer". Isn't he of West Indian descent? Meaning he is a descendant of slaves as well. And the script writer (coonish as he may be) is AA. But yeah, white americans love british actors and british blacks have been getting a lot of exposure lately.

You know what's ironic though? The one actress whose lines were hard to understand was Alfre Woodard's (the one prominent AA actress in the cast). Which is funny because her dialect was probably the most authentic for the times. International audiences will have a difficult time with her part. I didn't get a lot of what she was saying.


He's not AA. He's Grenadian.
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 137400
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I think there is some truth in what is saying. However I don't know why they would think that McQueen's take would be "safer". Isn't he of West Indian descent? Meaning he is a descendant of slaves as well. And the script writer (coonish as he may be) is AA. But yeah, white americans love british actors and british blacks have been getting a lot of exposure lately.

You know what's ironic though? The one actress whose lines were hard to understand was Alfre Woodard's (the one prominent AA actress in the cast). Which is funny because her dialect was probably the most authentic for the times. International audiences will have a difficult time with her part. I didn't get a lot of what she was saying.


He's not AA. He's Grenadian.


Oh, didn't know that. I would have said it didn't matter but then I just read the article he posted He's an idiot.
Back to Top
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 17 2010
Location: US - Pennsylvania
Status: Offline
Points: 36732
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:16pm
I SO do wish i could bring myself to watch this movie...but i can;t, cause i couldn;t even handle ROOTS when it was on tv...maybe one day i will bring myself to watch 12yrs a slave....ONE DAY
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 137400
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I didn't understand shyt Alfre Woodard said.


Oh, so it's not just me? I got the idea behind it but not the actual words
Back to Top
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Jul 20 2011
Location: SupaFlyKingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 137400
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

I SO do wish i could bring myself to watch this movie...but i can;t, cause i couldn;t even handle ROOTS when it was on tv...maybe one day i will bring myself to watch 12yrs a slave....ONE DAY


Then don't watch it. Read the book. I just downloaded in on my e-reader.
Back to Top
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 05 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 32858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:38pm
Lupita Nyong&amp;#39;o and Jared Leto rock Prada&amp;#39;s show
Actress Lupita Nyong&amp;#39;o arrives at Miu Miu&amp;#39;s ready to wear fall/winter 2014-2015 fashion collection presented in Paris, Wednesday, March 5, 2014. (AP Photo/Zacharie Scheurer)
Back to Top
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 05 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 32858
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:55pm
Um is this a repost? Dead



Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 296287
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:56pm
i'm kind of confused by Samuel L Jackson's position, although I get what he is saying and agree about Fruitvale Station...but...he was in a slavery film directed by a white man last year, so why would he question McQueen as a black non american?

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 05 2014 at 5:57pm
Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 445586
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i'm kind of confused by Samuel L Jackson's position, although I get what he is saying and agree about Fruitvale Station...but...he was in a slavery film directed by a white man last year, so why would he question McQueen as a black non american?



...and the movie was harsh. there wasn't a white hero.
I mean McQueen had the idea for the movie [or his white girl did] so why wouldn't he direct it?Confused
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 207>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down