Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 204>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Who cares honestly. The Oscars has never not been political and sometimes you gotta vote for someone because they are Black lol. Her Oscar win was a win for everyone

The Oscars have been so irrelevant and try-hard for so long, finally
feels like they finally did something right for a change

Also, I read a good that helped me put the Oscars into perspective. It claims that without the Oscars Hollywood would have less incentive to for creating films dealing with subject matters of substance. I can see thatho cares honestly

Oscars have never not been political

I agree that it has never been not political but Ellen sent a clear message with that joke that basically said from the start that if 12 years wins, it basically has nothing to do with merit. And them finding dirt on the 2 old geezers not even bothering to watch the movie only confirms that thinking. That the movie wasn't worthy in the first place.
Also they should make it mandatory for the voters to see all the films that they are voting on.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:57pm
I knew they would do this and Ellen's barb only confirmed that mindset. They're telling you that 12 years was not good but that we must appease those mediocre negroes who will otherwise hit the roof if we don't recognize them, even when they don't deserve it. They know what they're doing. If I were the director, I'd be pissed with that "there, there" spin on his award win.

And another thing, nobody talks about Ellen's cheap shot. Everybody's focused on how funny she is and the only reproach they have for her is that joke on Liza Minelli.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 05 2014 at 12:59pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:10pm
But don't we know that YT folks are like that already?

Of course they think that they're deserving of everything they have because if they didn't, they'd have to suffer with the shame of the truth. The truth being that they acquired their wealth, status and power through the horrific abuses of others

We also already know that White people LOVE ignoring the important matters of race in place for stupid little trivial things like how Ellen poked fun at Liza. They have barely talked about why 12 Years was so important of a movie

I'm more excited that this film will be shown in schools despite my issues with the film
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:33pm
Only 2? That's pretty good. Most voters don't watch all of the films honestly.  That's not a secret.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

But don't we know that YT folks are like that already?

Of course they think that they're deserving of everything they have because if they didn't, they'd have to suffer with the shame of the truth. The truth being that they acquired their wealth, status and power through the horrific abuses of others

We also already know that White people LOVE ignoring the important matters of race in place for stupid little trivial things like how Ellen poked fun at Liza. They have barely talked about why 12 Years was so important of a movie

I'm more excited that this film will be shown in schools despite my issues with the film

Sure, we already know this. Doesn't mean we should ignore it. I'm surprised that black folks don't even seem to register her "joke" at all and the implications behind it. No one in the media, not even the black media even mentioned it. This is strange to me. When I first started watching the show, I thought Ellen was funny and I was grinning until her comment. It kinda ruined the experience for me.

And frankly, I'm excited at potentially seeing Solomon Northup's book enter the curriculum just like Anne Frank's Diary. The movie was a good vehicle for that but it shouldn't be focused on as much as the actual memoir.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Only 2? That's pretty good. Most voters don't watch all of the films honestly.  That's not a secret.

Only 2 who admitted it. And I know most voters don't watch all the films but in the case of the first black director to ever win an Academy award, this works against us because it discredits his work. How you gonna say that the piece is socially significant and therefore deserving of an award if you don't even know what the piece says? And most significantly, the fact that they didn't see it got leaked. The comments on the net are disturbing.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 05 2014 at 1:49pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:48pm
I got you JP
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:55pm
^^ I know. But I bet these same Oscar voters have no problem watching movies about Nazis every damn year...
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:09pm
Has Ellen been brought to book? has she answered to the negro committee why she tried to f uck up our night? I'm getting sick of Ellen. I want her off the telly.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:46pm
my friend just went on an Alias_Avi rant about how black men ain't sh*t....she's on a film forum and you know people have been saying Lupita should play STORM from XMen bc STORM is Kenyan in the novel and dark.  And black men on the forum saying "no she's too dark!" "black women are just pumping her up! she's not even pretty."  She was sooo upset.

she just told me she wanted Lupita to date a white men so she can do what nig.gas have been doing for eons. lmao.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 204>
  Share Topic