BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:25pm
He bony as hell.  No.   I do not co-sign that possible union.

Besides...ion think they're together.   We dying for her to be with any man as long as he black.  It seems media does too.
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Besides...ion think they're together.   We dying for her to be with any man as long as he black.  It seems media does too.

LOLCry 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:31pm
^^^^^^^gyal...I mean lookit.  it looks like her hands can span his damn waist with this coat n'sh*t on.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:39pm

LOLLOL

I know, I hate that.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:43pm

^^^^^^^gyal...I mean lookit.  it looks like her hands can span his damn waist with this coat n'sh*t on.

DeadCry staapppp DeadDeadDead
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 12:50am

When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid. Thank you.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 1:15am

Lupita Nyong'o Ended Kenya and Mexico's Mini-Feud Over Her Nationality

Image Associated Press Lupita with her mother and father.  (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

Ever since Lupita Nyong'o started getting big, the entertainment pages of Kenya and Mexico have feuded over which country gets to "claim" her. Last night, Lupita put the debate to rest. "I'm Mexican and Kenyan at the same time," she said, according to El Mañana. "I've seen the quarrels over my nationality, but I'm Kenyan and Mexican at the same time. So again, I am Mexican-Kenyan and I am fascinated by carne asada tacos." 

So there you have it. And yet, Milenio a Mexico City-based paper, noted that "Mexican Lupita Nyong'o" won the Best Supporting Actress award and that she "was born in 1983 in Mexico City, but her parents are of Kenyan origin. The actress grew up in Kenya, but at age 16 her parents sent her to Mexico to learn Spanish." Her parents are Kenyan, but she's Mexican. Of course, Kenya's press has been staking its claim on her for months. In January, the Daily Standard produced a video that described the "debate" over her nationality as if it were a diplomacy issue. The fact that she was born in Mexico is a big deal.

This little tidbit, fueled by foreign reports, one of which specifically referred to Lupita as a Mexican actress have led to heated discussions online, begging the question: Who owns Lupita?

...This is not the first time that Kenya has discovered a link with a famous person, only to be forced to back down.

The last time was when Barack Obama, whose father was Kenyan, ran for president. 

Top three stories on Kenya's The Nation

Obviously, no one "owns" her, and it doesn't matter whether she's Kenyan, Mexican, both or neither — unless she's the first person from your country to win an Academy Award. Kisumu county Governor Jack Ranguma told the Kenyan Daily Standard that her win had put them on the map. “This is a win for Kenya and for Africa as well, being the first Kenyan to be nominated and to win an Oscar Award. It has put Kisumu and Kenya on the World map,” said Ranguma. Kenya's president Uhuru Kenyatta congratulated her as well, with “I join millions of Kenyans and worldwide fans to congratulate and support Lupita Nyong’o as she confronts one of the biggest nights in her career so far." As we explained earlier, her nomination was a big, big deal in Kenya that goes beyond her. Whether she wants to or not, for some she represents Western media taking an interest in African culture that stems beyond violence, disease, and death. Lupita winning the Oscar is the only international, happy, pop culture story coming out of Kenya right now, but only if you accept that Kenya can take credit for her win.

And it's possible that pressure has been weighing on her. "This award belongs to me," she said according to El Mañana

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 1:18am
ah the age old question... One we've wrangled with many a time on bhm ..

"Where are you from"

Being born in the UK doesn't make you British .. Neither does being born in Mexico make her Mexican .. Or does it?

Pakeha trickery

Edited by afrokock - Mar 04 2014 at 1:22am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 1:44am
They really tryin' it tho!!!

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 1:56am
Dp

Edited by afrokock - Mar 04 2014 at 2:10am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style