BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:15am

dorothydandridge:    &quot;Dottie Taught Me&quot;

Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:17am
she made SURE not to fall like Jennifer Lawrence

I just saw someone on IG say : So happy for Lupita on her Oscar tonight. Proud of my fellow Mexican!! Second born Mexican actress to win an Oscar, she will def. go down as one of the greatest. Proud of you."
Sleepy

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:17am
Denzel won because the year before or i think 2 years before they shut him out of i THINK an award for malcom. I love and can appreciate the movies that have come out and the roles that have come but we as a ppl are more than.....

I could go on.... but i sort of know the answer. Untill blacks start going out in droves to see black dramas like they do. Black comedys. We aint getting know where.

Jhud should have got a nim for that something and mr.pete movie (sooooo good and flotus fav for the year) but nothing.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:20am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Idk if this wasmentiined but. A lot of the roles are not directly slave/mammy etc but its the same loud angry mad broken down.... i want to. Yes its important to see the slave movies but as a black actor that trained and studies this how SAD is it that the only time you KNOW a role will come is when a white feels sorry and decides to found a movie based on our past. I want to see a black american hustle up there a black nebraska up there.

We need to make our own stories.
Tyler makes movies I don't like but he makes his own stuff which may be stupid but are geared towards blacks.  He and Oprah need to do more of this.  I mean Oprah did do The Butler a good black movie that was not dependent on the white characters to be great.
It all involves having $$$$$ though which is the problem.
I do agree we need movies about black life, like just life, like you said. But that ain't gonna come from Hollywood.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:20am
We don't have those movies?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:26am
The Butler was really good
Fruitvale Station was also good

These movies were good brain food
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:26am
Epi, just went back. I agree with you and you got my point every black actor that ever won deserved it. I enjoy a good slave civil rights film anytime they come out. I just wish theres was range. I hope lupita gets roles that have range.

But imagine as a black woman going in for a role seeing the same 30 faces and knowing if you dont get it. You will have to wait another couple years. Thats why i hate singers like bey, that cant act but take roles from trained black actresses.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:27am
Sang we do but not in mainstream not really in theater. They are usually indie.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

The Butler was really good
Fruitvale Station was also good

These movies were good brain food

Fs should have got something. Is there an indies movie awards? Beside sundance and tribeca?

Iwas surprised FS. Didnt get anything
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:34am
Yea, that's our issue.
We aren't lacking the movies.
We're lacking the backing....which should not come from whites. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 207>
  Share Topic