Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 204>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:58pm
I can sort of relate. I never had a color problem. I was just acutely aware of other black people's inferiority complexes and them categorizing me as less than because of my color.

It's the same as black people being acutely aware of white people stigmatizing them.
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 4:01pm
Ive never had a color problem. Other people have had a problem with my color.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 4:03pm
Lol my friend literally just described some guy who was interested in her as "black as hell." Like, just right now.

Numero uno why I will stan for Lupita alwaaays. She could release a dud and I wouldn't care. She's "black as hell" and doing her thing and taking a dump on everyone in her path.

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

She's a beautiful woman.

However, I can't relate to the 'self hate because I am dark' thing that infects soooo many Black women and I am dark.

I think it's family .. if your family does their job ... no matter what the 'media' says ... you are not gonna have a 'color' problem.
I don't know why I am so shocked that she had a skin color issue... I am dark and I never felt like this!- 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:21pm
I assumed that in a place like Africa where you see Dark beautiful women all around you that your IDEAL beauty would not have lite or white skin??? But I guess things have changed!!! African women please chime in
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:30pm

Im just tired of folk acting like having dark skin is a handicap.
"woe is me im dark skinned"

and im not talking about anyone on here btw 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I assumed that in a place like Africa where you see Dark beautiful women all around you that your IDEAL beauty would not have lite or white skin??? But I guess things have changed!!! African women please chime in

It's everywhere now. I was chatting with this dude from Cameroon and I told him of my intention to visit Senegal eventually. He screwed up his face and replied that the people in Senegal are just soooo dark. I looked at him like he was crazy.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Im just tired of folk acting like having dark skin is a handicap.
"woe is me im dark skinned"

and im not talking about anyone on here btw 

Confused
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:05pm
Senegal is the bomb! its SOOOOoo beautiful and so are the people. Please go and see for yourself that guys is Ignorant because people from Cameroon come in all shades-
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:07pm
I think the most beautiful African people I've ever seen are the Senegalese and the Fulani of West Africa
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 204>
  Share Topic