Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 191>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 4.05  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:37pm
Confused

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I really think yall are thinking waaay too deep into this. Is it not possible that people actually just like her? She seems smarter and more approachable than 90% of mainstream actresses IMO, black or white. And she's worldly so she is probably able to connect with people in that way.

Do yall not have that one friend who's just genuinely sweet and loved by everyone? That's Lupita lol.
Sponsored Links

juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:34pm
Other than 12 years a slave has she been in any other movies
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Confused

I really think yall are thinking waaay too deep into this. Is it not possible that people actually just like her? She seems smarter and more approachable than 90% of mainstream actresses IMO, black or white. And she's worldly so she is probably able to connect with people in that way.

Do yall not have that one friend who's just genuinely sweet and loved by everyone? That's Lupita lol.

Girl bye. Looking for an issue where there is none. Lupita's smart enough to know when she's being played. The woman is not stupid.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Other than 12 years a slave has she been in any other movies

No
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Confused

Girl bye. Looking for an issue where there is none. Lupita's smart enough to know when she's being played. The woman is not stupid.

Nobody said she's stupid though (I think). She's riding the wave as she should be.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:08pm
How do you know that though? From her character/breadth of knowledge, she does not seem like the type to play the token Negro just to rub elbows with White Hollywood. I thin people genuinely like her. Hell, if I met her I'd be in awe too. I couldn't say that for many other black or white actresses.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:12pm

How do you know that though? From her character/breadth of knowledge, she does not seem like the type to play the token Negro just to rub elbows with White Hollywood. I thin people genuinely like her. Hell, if I met her I'd be in awe too. I couldn't say that for many other black or white actresses.

I never said she was playing the token negro. Looks to me like she's being herself. What I said is that there's something off about the way white Hollywood is acting around her and that it annoys me a bit. She doesn't have much control over that and I think she's taking full advantage of her time in the spotlight. I don't think she's doing anything wrong herself.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:13pm
White Supremacy has a history of "genuinely liking" certain Black people
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:40pm
It ain't about Lupita, it's about them
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:41pm
Those certain black people are usually Clarence Thomas/Tiger Woods self hating blacks. Lupita is not. It seems genuine.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 191>