Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 208>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I hate when their are beauty comparisons.
but im partial to kellys and gabbys beauty they look more youthful and vibrant.
they hold their candles well

i think it's sad that people are compelled to compare her to other dark women, like there's a dark women affirmative action sub-category of beauty..Dead

While I agree with your point, I think that comparing her to other dark-skinned women automatically erases the complexion, LS/DS bias. Afro's preference of Danai being the easiest one, being that he shows that he appreciates dark-skinned, bald women, but prefers Danai overall look. If someone were to compare her to Amber Rose and overall people prefer Amber then the easiest conclusion to draw is that people prefer Amber because she is--well--whatever she is that is not dark.

It might be more politically correct than anything else but I may be wrong.

ETA: But I think that overall the comparisons need to end altogether. I know I sound very "We Are the World" but that's just the space I am in. Black women, Black people, have such diverse beauty and it's rather tragic to see us so underrepresented, marginalized and unappreciated within media, even within our own media. Ultimately she's not a model, she's an actress, and I hope that she continues onto great success and continues to show another facet of black beauty.

Edited by BeatriceBean - Jan 11 2014 at 4:28pm
Sponsored Links

BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:13pm
And I LIVE for Lupita's look. I met her in France a few years ago and she is even more stunning in person.

I always appreciate a woman who doesn't need a whole bunch of extras to slay.
kilaniboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote kilaniboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 7:50pm
i think she's effing gorgeous!!! her skin looks so smooth and her style is impeccable ...def my girl crush of the moment

lilbehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote lilbehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:26pm
Perfection!
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Beautiful lady , but that black dress picture makes her look like Wesley Snipes Twin sister . I think the hair cut in that picture takes away from her beauty .  JMO

LOLLOL I was thinking that she looks like a good looking black man...
I was thinking she looks like Omar Epps with swollen fish lips. But Femme was feeling herself so I wasn't going to say it. But my 2 +Naomi Campbell easily slays this boyish chick. I'm done. This is some Alek Wek sh*t all over again

LOL omar epps though.. you trying too hard..
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:36pm
January 11th, 2014
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm… Lupita Nyong’o's 2014 Film Independent Filmmaker Grant And Spirit Awards Nominees Brunch Peter Pilotto Resort 2014 Printed Top, Shorts, Anya Hindmarch Clutch, and Sophia Webster Coco Pumps
By Faith

It was all about prints for Lupita Nyong’o at the 2014 Film Independent Filmmaker Grant And Spirit Awards Nominees Brunch in a Peter Pilotto Resort 2014 Printed Top, Shorts, Anya Hindmarch Clutch, and $484 Sophia Webster Coco Pumps:

lupita-nyongo-2014-film-independent-filmmaker-grant-spirit-peter-pilotto-top-shorts-sophia-webster-pumps-anya-hindmarch-clutch-2

Lupita opted for the exact styling from the Resort 2014 collection.

peter-pilotto-resort-2014

We’ve seen Ms. Nyong’o in these pumps already. They’re a fave of hers and I can see why! I love that she’s bringing the pointed-toe white pump trend into 2014.

sophia-webster-coco-pumps

Lupita is on a roll! I cannot wait to see what she wears to tomorrow’s Golden Globe Awards.

lupita-nyongo-2014-film-independent-filmmaker-grant-spirit-peter-pilotto-top-shorts-sophia-webster-pumps-anya-hindmarch-clutch-4

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

< method="POST" name="twiigspollvote115926_45518600" ="http://www.twiigs.com/vote" style=": transparent; -: none; border-style: none; clear: none; display: block; : none; : static; visibility: ; height: auto; line-height: normal; width: auto; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 0; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: 0; outline-style: none; padding-top: 0; padding-right: 0; padding-bottom: 0; padding-left: 0; clip: auto; overflow: ; vertical-align: line; : auto; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0; text-shadow: none; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: normal; ">

lupita-nyongo-2014-film-independent-filmmaker-grant-spirit-peter-pilotto-top-shorts-sophia-webster-pumps-anya-hindmarch-clutch-3

*Queen Angela Bassett was also in attendance, along with Melonie Diaz. Thoughts on their Byron Lars and Halston Heritage frocks?

lupita-nyongo-2014-film-independent-filmmaker-grant-spirit-peter-pilotto-top-shorts-sophia-webster-pumps-anya-hindmarch-clutch

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:37pm
i've had enough of those white shoes...
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

You must have a healthy self-esteem to think that you're even in the same realm as her, good for you!

well gotdayum
*keeps reading*
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i disagree

Can a black woman please get some shine? Cry

........from bhm? 

im just stating my opinion. she has shine.. shes in many magazines and on tv.. 
my opinion isnt taking away from her 'shine' 

yall cant stand someone going against the herd 

it's not that..but it seems like you're going out of your way to "go against the herd" in this thread, like you want someone to start with you or something
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 10:27pm
She's cute but would look better with long hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair