BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 208>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:15pm
there are other southern african posters here who can tell you the exact same thing ..

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:16pm
fair enough @ AK

meanwhile, round 47.

eta:  i'm going to believe his pov b/c there was just a thread pointing out that Africa is not monolithic...it's possible to be sheltered from certain things.  

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 01 2014 at 12:18pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

there are other southern african posters here who can tell you the exact same thing ..

whatever. Just like Lupita, you're a diplomat's kid. Just like her, you've probably spent a lot of time abroad, probably more actually. You were educated in England. So whether you are from southern Africa or not is irrelevant at this point.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 01 2014 at 12:24pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

fair enough @ AK

meanwhile, round 47.

eta:  i'm going to believe his pov b/c there was just a thread pointing out that Africa is not monolithic...it's possible to be sheltered from certain things.  

Not someone from his background. He's just playing on people's lack of knowledge of Africa and it's diaspora.

I also notice no one ever dares contradict him on here since he's a prolific poster but that's another story for another day.

Back to Lupita now...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 01 2014 at 12:25pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:24pm
he could be lying, no way to prove it...i didn't believe families like the Cosby show really existed until I was in high school.  it just wasn't what i saw, period.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:26pm

he could be lying, no way to prove it...i didn't believe families like the Cosby show really existed until I was in high school.  it just wasn't what i saw, period.

Dude is well traveled, from a family of diplomats. You mean to tell me he hasn't seen a cross-section of situations? Bullshyt. I've known people just like him and hung around them.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Dude is well traveled, from a family of diplomats. You mean to tell me he hasn't seen a cross-section of situations? Bullshyt. I've known people just like him and hung around them.

LOL it's easy to miss things when you live comfortably enough.  people always say that the privileged are out of touch. *kanye shrug*
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

LOL it's easy to miss things when you live comfortably enough.  people always say that the privileged are out of touch. *kanye shrug*

Hmmmm... anything's possible. But judging from a lot of his posts, the dude seems to have a grasp of most major issues affecting blacks out there. He may be hypocritical at times (like right now) but he ain't stupid or blind. So I'll continue to believe he's lying. And it's ok for me to state since he doesn't care one way or the other :)
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

dont know anyone irl who has had an issue with her skin or where her skin hue us even mentioned when she comes up in conversation

maybe thats just me

now that i think about it the whole concept of colourism was introduced to me via the net
No shade Tbh ijs fwiw, it's just you.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 208>