BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 208>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

What does that have to do with Lupita?
read the titleWink
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 3:53pm
Hmmm does LSA think she only would have made it in America? Lol. Her dad is a senator in Kenya. She grew up quite privileged I think. That we/them mentality.

She was born in Mexico, then went back to Kenya, and then she said her parents sent her back to Mexico to learn Spanish and finish school.

@AA--- riiiiiight. My side eye when I read that. She was like "well I'm certainly much darker than the average Mexican but thanks I guess." But she was doing interviews in Spanish on the red carpet.

I hope she wins but they're all pressed over Jennifer Lawrence. Bleh
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 4:02pm
Mexico ain't reall trying to claim her, she is good press for them.

No one in Mexico considers her Mexican, they don't even claim Chicanos born to Mexican born parents.
kilaniboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kilaniboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:35pm
She won at the Critic's Choice Awards!!! And looked like a goddess while doing so

here's her acceptance speech

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:43pm

Did "Vanity Fair" Lighten Lupita Nyong'o's Skin?

Lupita Nyong'o was just nominated for an Oscar, which means that we'll have over a month more of her flawless red carpet appearances, magazine spreads, and interviews. Apparently, we'll also get some skin lightening y, thanks to Vanity Fair.

The magazine is featuring the actress in its Vanities section, and has posted a preview photo of Nyong'o from the accompanying shoot. Unfortunately, the image shows Nyong'o's skin color as being lighter than it actually is.

See for yourself:

VANITY FAIR         @VanityFair Follow

The stunning @Lupita_Nyongo photographed for our February #Vanities section http://vnty.fr/1cqvJNA 

Could this be a trick of light? Previous Vanities shoots feature lighting that washes out their subjects. Photo shoot lighting and red carpet lighting is probably different. Still, at official event photos, Nyong'o's skin looks much darker even though she is also under a lot of bright lights in those situations.

April @ReignOfApril Follow

Can we discuss @VanityFair's pic of Lupita, on the right? Anyone see a difference? 😒

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

That twirl on page 34 is gonna be in my avi one of these days...

I was just staring at it thinking the same thing.  She looks so graceful.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:59pm
Mexico need to gwan somewhere. 
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:05pm
Why did they give her a widow's peak? Or maybe she's been having it cut off?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:15pm
UNREAL

OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 208>