Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 204>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:52am
I actually get what u mean. While I'm sure there are some Africans with blemishes. I ain't met one yet. Skin be even and smooth like butta.
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:54am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

It's not even that. I just feel like most of the people over there don't need makeup. Their skin is not like black Americans/Americans.

why you always coming fo us star? Disapprove

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:57am
LoL eanaj stop it LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:58am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I've met more light Ethiopians than dark but no matter the complexion they have always looked alike(foreheads, noses, eyes). That's not politically correct but I hope y'all get what I mean.

What isn't politically correct about that?  Ethiopians have big forheads and big eyes and typically silky esque hair and are normally short.  I remember someone tried to come for me on BHM with that once when they said someone looked Ethiopian and I asked was it bc they had a big forehead like I said something scandelous...until an Ethiopian poster chimed in like yeah we do have big forheadsLOL

Most Gambians I have met are darker than that poster but I've met lighter Gambians as well.  I don't need to go to Africa. I live in the DMV, the land of Africans and Caribbean people and went to francophone religious services growing up. Whenever I meet someone from Africa, I ask where they're from so that I can speak French with them.

Africans ain't monolithic in looks just like Caribbean people aren't.  I remember when I went to college my close friend told me she didn't know Haitians could be pretty and didn't know I was Haitian. My faceConfused She was like the Haitians in college aren't like the Haitians in Florida.  My face againConfusedConfusedConfused

My friend did just spend 2 weeks in Kenya and told me there is a colorism problem in the country where advertisements feature lighter women but the women were about Gabrielle Union's color vs. Lupita's color even though the majority of the country is Lupita's complexion.

When I said Lupita had keen features, I didn't mean white, I meant small.  Perhaps, I used the wrong term since people misinterpreted it.  Anyway--before BHM was weird you would know what people looked like and BHM was/is full of Africans who represent the spectrum.

LOL @ Afro's snide comment.

Edited by EPITOME - Mar 08 2014 at 8:01am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

It's not even that. I just feel like most of the people over there don't need makeup. Their skin is not like black Americans/Americans.

why you always coming fo us star? Disapprove

I think it's bc people in other countries eat less crap...not that crap doesn't exist but they eat less of it. So your skin just looks better. Like even fast food places like KFC in Nigeria serve jollof riceLOL
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:05am
I agree with u on that a bad bish is a bad bish is a bad bish, but I think enhancements are good too.
If thats the case, then why wear clothing with frills and glitter and ruching or any detail?
 A bad bish in this

is going to be a bad bish in this

So why even bother with the former outfit?

Edited by eanaj5 - Mar 08 2014 at 8:07am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:07am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

[QUOTE=liesnalibis]
Im curious, what made you so militant against beauty enhancement? Gimmie the Genesis on that boo Geek

I feel like my confidence is higher since I went natural. It really gave me this Ion give a f*ck feeling. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in keeping up with your natural hair and I wear hair accessories and stuff but once I big chopped I really felt like people were seeing me for who I am. I realized that all those years of me straightening my hair and breaking it off were me really hiding from what people would really think about me.

Now when I'm in Walgreens or whatever and girls ask me about going natural I'm like it's really not as big a deal as you think it is. You just have to change your mindset. One girl actually asked me if I noticed a difference in the number of guys that approach me. #1 no. #2 Do you really give a f*ck about what these niccas think? These niccas? Really? If they don't like you for who and what you are they can go kick rocks. 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:07am
@eanaj a pic is missing

nvm I see

Well number one to me Beyonce is not a bad bish. What you see in the bottom pic is still 28 inches of blonde weave. You ain't gon never see Beyonce the way she really is. So when I look at Beyonce I don't see confidence, I see insecurity. She has lots of money and clothes and things and she has a lot of shallow and insecure people pumping her up, but deep down she knows she didn't wake up like that and she knows she doesn't think her natural state is up to par.

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 08 2014 at 8:11am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:11am
I'd like to go natural but like i said in another thread, im lazy as hell and i have a big head and i know my natural hair is thick. Im going to get annoyed with taking care of it properly.

I feel like for a lot of black women its a maintenance issue, not an aesthetics related  one .

Edited by eanaj5 - Mar 08 2014 at 8:12am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:14am

@eanaj a pic is missing

nvm I see

Well number one to me Beyonce is not a bad bish. What you see in the bottom pic is still 28 inches of blonde weave. You ain't gon never see Beyonce the way she really is. So when I look at Beyonce I don't see confidence, I see insecurity. She has lots of money and clothes and things and she has a lot of shallow and insecure people pumping her up, but deep down she knows she didn't wake up like that and she knows she doesn't think her natural state is up to par.

lol i knew u'd do that.LOL
 Dont focus on the fact that she's beyonce, just the concept of the clothing she is wearing in each pic.

*insert bad bish here* wearing a glamorous dress/outfit vs her wearing t-shirt and jeans. Why even wear the frilly dress if she still a bad bish in the plain attire?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 204>
  Share Topic