Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 204>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:55am
I've been to D.C. I didn't notice. Even the Ethiopians I've seen at school (that I've known to be such) were darker than that woman. But this is a losing battle. Darkies lose and light brites win on BHM always.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:56am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Oh, it's cool. I've never been to Africa. But I know from the Africans I've seen in America they don't look anytning like most of the women in that collage. I feel like people are ashamed of what real Africans look lik so they come up with stuff like that. Most of these Ehiopians I saw (on google) were just as pretty if not moreso.

I can't speak on the other 3 countries in that picture because I haven't been to the other three. If one of those pics said Kenya, the Congo, Zambia...I'd be right with you.

I do get what you mean...People have a tendency to pull out lite brites when wanting to make a "See we have pretty women too." argument. But as far as Ethiopia goes, that pic is a good representation of many there.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:59am
Afro are you saying those people on google weren't real Ethiopians? LOL They were black Americans in costume and face paint? 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:01am
And nita, there are two more pics, Somalia and South Africa on the right side if you scroll. The Somalian was the darkest one and she ain't even that dark. If I remade that collage it would look a lot different. In fact, maybe I will. All that damn makeup.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:35am
my tablet cut off Somalia and SA. I see it now.

they do simlilar when showing pictures of the congo or sudan
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:41am
I've met more light Ethiopians than dark but no matter the complexion they have always looked alike(foreheads, noses, eyes). That's not politically correct but I hope y'all get what I mean.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:43am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

And nita, there are two more pics, Somalia and South Africa on the right side if you scroll. The Somalian was the darkest one and she ain't even that dark. If I remade that collage it would look a lot different. In fact, maybe I will. All that damn makeup.

Chile listen, not even white people throw their most beautiful in an advertising pic without slapping a boat load of make up on. make up is a universal beauty enhancer. But i suppose that falls in the same category as weave for you...

Im curious, what made you so militant against beauty enhancement? Gimmie the Genesis on that boo Geek
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:47am
It's not even that. I just feel like most of the people over there don't need makeup. Their skin is not like black Americans/Americans.

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 08 2014 at 7:47am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:49am
This is gonna sound weird but Betty Butt inspired me to big chop (she cut off her hair and had dreads for awhile). If she's that black and skinny and don't give a f*ck what no one thinks then that should send a message to lots of black women. To me if you bad you gon be bad regardless, makeup and weave be damned.

Edited by liesnalibis - Mar 08 2014 at 7:50am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:50am
PS and she was still bad.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 204>
  Share Topic