BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lupita N'yongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 207>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:56pm
I don't validate my beauty based on Hollyweird thinks is hot right now. 
I don't look at her win as a win for US is that makes sense. 
I just don't get it, and I probably never will. 

I'd be more excited if a 2014 "George Washington Carver" emerged. 
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Lupita has a s curl now so can we stop with the kinky hair praise. 

Hush dem lips.....She did a cherry lola treatment and her natural curl is just pronounced.

I'm doing the same thing and i'll get back to you guys with the results.Tongue
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

She talks about her hair journey

Some people are just made for short hair. I'm sure she looks fine with longer hair but I suspect that it would be like the Halle Berry syndrome. Halle is pretty with long hair but she rocks with long hair. Even if Lupita were to relax one day, I hope she keeps it short. Her features are too exquisite to not be the main attraction.

I would kill to be able to wear my hair short-cropped. But I have a round face and a short neck

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 06 2014 at 12:58pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Hush dem lips.....She did a cherry lola treatment and her natural curl is just pronounced.

Okay bana I take it back Confused, she just put some coconut oil in it. Confused
do you think I dont get the whole big deal because I dont have kinky hair and im not dark??? 
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:00pm
Brainwashing has gone a long way~ I ll be honest I am not really into social media so I don't know?
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Okay bana I take it back Confused, she just put some coconut oil in it. Confused
do you think I dont get the whole big deal because I dont have kinky hair and im not dark??? 

I ain't say it was working on me yet. All I'm saying is she probably got some eco-styler in her mane like Destiny does.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I thought it was interesting when Marc Lamont asked if black people were ready for her type of beauty. At the end of the day, I'm more concerned with that because I see some resistance there.
Is it like we never seen a woman like this before??? No that is not true~ 

Has a woman this dark with a faded afro ever been praised that much for her beauty before? Aren't most black men on social media saying she ain't all that? Even when she is obviously beautiful, I see a lot of black folks denying her and women who look like her. Let's be real here.

Being black there are women like her everywhere. So I think that's cause for confusion. She should be held as the rule for the many manifestations of black beuty but whites it seemed have just "discovered" that is what we look like. It's hard to argue that point without seeming like you're trying to take something away from her. But clearly the caricature of black womanhood in popular culture is pervasive enough to hold her as the exception rather than the rule.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:04pm
I have no idea who Destiny is and all I know about Eco Styler is some type of hair gel. 

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:05pm

Brainwashing has gone a long way~ I ll be honest I am not really into social media so I don't know?

It's not just social media, though. It happens in real life as well. Colourism is a fact of life. I notice the male posters haven't said much.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:06pm
poignantly put

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I thought it was interesting when Marc Lamont asked if black people were ready for her type of beauty. At the end of the day, I'm more concerned with that because I see some resistance there.
Is it like we never seen a woman like this before??? No that is not true~ 

Has a woman this dark with a faded afro ever been praised that much for her beauty before? Aren't most black men on social media saying she ain't all that? Even when she is obviously beautiful, I see a lot of black folks denying her and women who look like her. Let's be real here.

Being black there are women like her everywhere. So I think that's cause for confusion. She should be held as the rule for the many manifestations of black beuty but whites it seemed have just "discovered" that is what we look like. It's hard to argue that point without seeming like you're trying to take something away from her. But clearly the caricature of black womanhood in popular culture is pervasive enough to hold her as the exception rather than the rule.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 207>
  Share Topic