Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lupita Nyongo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 204>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.10  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:12pm
Lupita does not have "European" features

What she does have is features that are commonly considered attractive to most ethnic groups around the world (smaller upturned nose, high cheekbones, straight white teeth, feminine eyes, no lines in face)

Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Lupita Part VI : I think she's pretty because she has european features. 

Stern SmileErmm

That's not what I'm saying but I understand where sexibeach is coming from with her post. I would not say "Caucasian" features because lots of different groups/races can have those features. But I was silently thinking that it might be part of her appeal with white Hollywood, coupled with the contrast of her skin. It is what it is. Lauren Hill has always been my beauty ideal. But I haven't seen her celebrated like this.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:14pm
This is killing me TBH.  It is very insulting that Lupita is getting this type of praise "despite" the fact that she's dark-skinned with kinky hair.  Nobody says so but that's what this is.  The whole thing stinks to me.  Why can't they just let her be quietly great.  She is beautiful and sweet and I wish this was more about her skills and personality.  Its what always happens before they destroy something.  This is what 'be careful what you ask for' means.  We want the world to embrace our beauty but at the same time I wish they would leave us the fck alone. 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:15pm
There have been alot of dark skin women that haven't been celebrated like Lupita..
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:19pm
White people fetish with Lupita is directly related to the guilt they feel about her association as a reminder of slavery.    This is their version of atonement.   If she was in a movie like Sex in the City they would talk about her for 10 minutes and move on.  Its emotional healing.

For us we're just happy to see her winning.

I hope she can stay grounded and not let any of this get to her.  She is being such a great role model for little black girls (on purpose) and I absolutely adore her for that.  I don't want her to be an example to those same little girls of how the world eventually fcks them over. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 06 2014 at 12:20pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:24pm
I don't get the hype....
I think she has nice skin, great bone structure, and a nice smile.

Let's see what movie roles she gets next, they can't do another slavery movie, The Mandela movie is done, They already did The Help and its not a sequel. No being shady but I see some independent films in her future with a bunch  A list party invites.

Designers will send her clothes, magazines will put her on the cover and guys will try and date her and for some reason I think they will be white. 

Like the other poster said, she is safe no poverty striken back story to tell, Hollywood loves that. She isnt anyones baby momma and so far its nothing to hide. the idea is see you all can do better Confused in their eyes.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:24pm
Absolutely agree Kfoxx

If they talk about how much they like her, they don't have to talk much about why she is there to talk in the first place

White people obviously need to have honest discussions amongst themselves about their history in the world and I don't mean their "accomplishments". They might have less "guilt" (shame) if they spoke more about it and condemned it openly
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:28pm
Lupita has a s curl now so can we stop with the kinky hair praise. 
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:28pm
[QUOTE=kfoxx1998]White people fetish with Lupita is directly related to the guilt they feel about her association as a reminder of slavery.    This is their version of atonement. 

I implied this on page like 25 and people got mad Shocked

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Lupita has a s curl now so can we stop with the kinky hair praise. 

You don't know that. I noticed that a small portion of hair in the front of her head has grown but I figure that she,s just trying to switch things up. For all you know, she may have pressed that part. In any case, it wouldn't make sense for her to dramatically alter the look that has made her into a fashion icon in the first place. I think she signed with Miu Miu to be in their ads.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 204>
  Share Topic